Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

February 1st Deadline

Started by Constance, January 23, 2014, 11:10:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Constance

So, February 1st is the date by which applications for the Fall 2014 semester at the Pacific School of Religion. My online application is in progress, and by tomorrow I should have feedback from a current PSR seminarian regarding my answers to the application's essay questions.

I should be finished with the application this weekend.

I'm really giddy about this. Nervous that I won't be accepted. Nervous that I will.

Eek.

Nero

Good luck hon! Are you studying to be a nun or priestess or something?
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

Constance

I'm aiming for a Master's of Divinity (MDiv) and a Certificate of Sexuality and Religion (CSR) with the ultimate goal of being ordained as a minister in the United Church of Christ and possibly in the Progressive Christian Alliance as well.

nether

Best of luck to you! Christians tend to bible thump!
  •  

Constance

Quote from: nether on January 23, 2014, 06:15:21 PM
Best of luck to you! Christians tend to bible thump!
Which is why I'm working towards the UCC and PCA for my ordination.

I go to a UCC church which has an out-of-the-closet lesbian for our senior pastor. Last November I played bass at a PCA ordination for 2 of my friends: 1 a cisgender gay man and the other a trans man, both of who are VERY out regarding their identities.

My home church has been a place of great support for me in my transition, and I'd been going to that church for 23 years before I started transition. I don't hide the fact from anyone there that I'm trans, and I've had nothing but positive experiences there.