Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Does voice surgery actually work?

Started by Rena, January 13, 2014, 09:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rena

Does voice surgery actually work? I'm scared to death of having it and then my voice still doesn't pass or it sounds like Minnie Mouse or something.

I've heard about the yeson voice centre and from my short time researching apparently it's the best but how do I know if the results posted online are edited in some way?
  •  

sarahb

The only way to know for sure is to talk to those who've had it done, either in person or chat or something. I can assure you though, there has been no editing on my part, lol. That's why I've been doing a lot of videos, I feel they're a good way to show real-world examples of how the voice sounds during natural speaking.

Even with Yeson you still have to go in with tempered expectations and follow all instructions. Nothing is ever 100%, but from my experience and those of the others here I think VFS is now a viable and relatively safe option. Like any other surgery you have to take the information that's available and figure out if it's right for you.
  •  

Kiwi4Eva

Yes, it does...Those here who have a masculine voice would end up with a feminine one.  I had the surgery on the 8th of October at Yeson and am impressed by my results.  In saying that, it is a surgery...and therefore there is a healing process which takes up to a year.  I am still healing but couldn't be happier.  My voice is often tired and I have a need to drink quite a lot of water (to lubricate my vocal chords) but like I said, it's a surgery...and healing...

For what it costs it's well worth the results  :)
  •