Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

horrible paintings

Started by LJP, February 11, 2014, 04:26:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LJP

Just a few paintings. I've been really inspired lately.

Be the change you wish to see in the world
  •  

Cindy

Do you have a Deviant art account?

I'd buy a copy of 'White Witch'

Hell I'll buy the original :-*
  •  

LJP

I've browsed Deviant, but I don't have an account. That is nice of you to say. PM incoming.
  •  

Alaia

These are not horrible at all Lydia. Keep up the great work! I think you've even inspired me to try actual painting for once this week. My wife gifted me an easel and an acrylic paint set for Christmas. I think it's about time I busted them out of their boxes...

"Let yourself be silently drawn by the strange pull of what you really love. It will not lead you astray."

― Rumi
  •  

LJP

Quote from: Alaia on February 19, 2014, 02:12:40 PM
These are not horrible at all Lydia. Keep up the great work! I think you've even inspired me to try actual painting for once this week. My wife gifted me an easel and an acrylic paint set for Christmas. I think it's about time I busted them out of their boxes...

Hi alaia, post some of them. I'd love to see them. I enjoy painting a lot, I'm thinking of taking some classes and learning proper technique. Thx for the kind words :).
  •  

Colleen♡Callie

Horrible?  Are you sure that word means what you think it does?

These are far from horrible.  Very far.  You have an incredible and rich style that is all yours.  You should be very proud of these paintings.  If I didn't have to save every little bit I can in order to hopeful be able to afford FFS in a few years, I'd buy one too.

Keep it up, and keep sharing them.
"Tell my tale to those who ask.  Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.  The rest is silence." - Dinobot

•  

LJP

Quote from: ColleenCallie on February 21, 2014, 08:45:57 PM
Horrible?  Are you sure that word means what you think it does?

These are far from horrible.  Very far.  You have an incredible and rich style that is all yours.  You should be very proud of these paintings.  If I didn't have to save every little bit I can in order to hopeful be able to afford FFS in a few years, I'd buy one too.

Keep it up, and keep sharing them.

Thx ColleenCallie, I enjoy painting. I wish I had tried it earlier. There is so many things about it I can't wrap my head around. I guess I just pick out the negatives. Thank you for the compliment. I'm working on a new one. I will post it when I get around to painting it. I'm doing one for a charity art thing. The theme is empowering women. Any thought on what you find empowering?
  •  

Colleen♡Callie

You're doing great.  Negative space is something that I still struggle to wrap my head around.  I look forward to seeing the new work.

Hmmm.... good question.  Intelligence I guess.  The freedom to define yourself, the strength of will of defend that definition and the determination to overcome the naysayers and obstacles in your way.  Those things I find empowering.  That inner strength to decide who you are and who you want to be and keep fighting to become that thing no matter what your origin and no matter what stands in your way.  That is what I see when I think of empowerment. 

And it fits well I think.  Look where that strength of will and determination, and refusal to back down has taken women.  In 1914 women finally earned the right to vote, only in the western states however (it wouldn't be until 1920 that the constitution was amended to grant that right nationwide) and now look where we are 100 years later.  How much more freedom and ability to decide their own way that has been earned.  It's been a slow uphill battle, and true, full equality is still lacking, and it'll be a long struggle still, but we're close.  We may be closer than the suffragettes ever dared to dream.

This strength of will and long uphill battle is not something exclusive to women.  It's shared by every oppressed group fighting for equality and acceptance throughout history.  Nothing was ever handed out for free, everything was earned by their own strength and will and spirit.  To me that's empowerment at it's core.
"Tell my tale to those who ask.  Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.  The rest is silence." - Dinobot

•  

Colleen♡Callie

Lydia, what/who is your avatar.  It's stunning!

•  

LJP

Hi ColleenCallie, It's a spellslinger from wildstar. I don't know who the artist is tho :(. Its a random internets grab.
  •  

Colleen♡Callie

•  

LJP

My pleasure, I would post more but was hit or miss finding art. Maybe more out since it's been in open beta a while. I like your avatar callie do you paint it?
  •  

Colleen♡Callie

I did.  It's a self portrait of how I might have looked had the universe been kind enough to let me be a ciswoman. 

At the moment my gaming/art laptop is having charging port issues so I have to wait a bit before I can post some of my latest stuff here, including the full portrait. 

•  

LJP

It's really good. What did you use (sketch tablet,programs)? I've been looking at tablets on amazon thinking of getting an entry level one to try it out.
  •  

Colleen♡Callie

I have a pirated copy of photoshop cs 2.   Corel painter 11, and sketchbook pro, both bought during amazon holiday deals month for cheap.

Tablet wise, i saved up for a wacom cintiq 12wx back in 08, where you can draw straight on the screen.  Regular tablets like the ipad weren't really a thing yet.

Check out wacom art tablets. They are great

•  

LJP

I was looking at the wacoms on amazon. An artist I like uses them . Everyone I've talked to or read about recommends them. Thx for the info. I think I'm going to get one soon.
  •