Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

why do pastors sweat? why do pastors whoop?

Started by Shawn Sunshine, January 05, 2014, 12:38:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shawn Sunshine

8)  we just got a new pastor today. This is a real small town disciple of Christ
Christian Church. And our church is coming really conservative considering. However the the board decide to elect a pastor that's like really Energetic. But he's energetic anyway that's new t in that sweating of the forehead thing. Well its new for this church. And it's only like about 60 degrees in the church because it's winter. So I'm wondering if this sweat and whoop thing is to simply because he's a big man or because that's part of the sermon?
Shawn Sunshine Strickland The Strickalator

#SupergirlsForJustice
  •  

Shawn Sunshine

I should point out this is the first black pastor this church is ever had. Before we had a pastor who is pro LGBT. And I think that's one of the reasons why she got fired however this pastor I think it's somewhere in between. On about this pastor easy very energetic and he likes because the only goes like a holy roller. You get that Southern Baptist black gospel style of preaching. I'm curious as to see it as how our church is going to respond all that because they're not using anything about it all. He seems like a very good man and I think its cool that we have a black pastor however it's just I'm not sure of the churches thoughts.

#SupergirlsForJustice
  •  

Shawn Sunshine

The disciples of Christ the denomination is divided some churches or liberal and some churches are conservative. Now there was another black pastor who was supposed to be our elected pastor and I thought he was even better. He was professor and he was really smart and he's talked with with the energy but it was something you could understand. And also he preached from the Apocrypha is well as the Bible and I think that's why the council didn't pick him. It seems like to anyone who has any kind of four thinkin ideas is not going to be worshipping here. Still is a huge huge leap to have a black pastor as the head of the congregation

#SupergirlsForJustice
  •  

Del

Shawn,
Being black means nothing. They myth that black people and churches are more spiritual are just that, myth.

Another thing is the sweating and whoop. It's not because he is big necessarily. It can be that isn't always the case.

What matters is first of all is he the one sent by God or was he elected? The early church cast lots to replace Judas but that manifested God's will in the matter. We also see that Paul and other apostles ordained ministers. Never a deacon committee. Why would the lesser choose the higher to preach? God says who he sends and when done correctly the flock will know when the man enters the church and ministers. The Holy Ghost will bear witness.

Many times sweating and whooping and saying things such as hallelujah and praise the Lord and glory to God are brought about by the unction of the Holy Ghost to glorify the Lord. One must remember the Spirit was sent back to glorify Jesus and lead into all truth. It will bring forth the rightly divided word of truth for the sermon. No education needed. The Spirit of God knows the scriptures better than any carnal teacher. It also seeks out that which glorifies the Lord as Paul wrote in 1 Corinthians 2: 7-14.

These things go way farther and I have only touched the tip of the iceberg so to speak. I hope this helps.

May God bless.
  •  

Brandon

keep working hard and you can get anything you want.    -Aaliyah
  •  

amZo

Lying makes you sweat!

SORRY SHANTEL!  :D :D  (Oh Lord, I'm going to heck for that one  :embarrassed:)
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Nikko on January 25, 2014, 08:23:44 PM
Lying makes you sweat!

SORRY SHANTEL!  :D :D  (Oh Lord, I'm going to heck for that one  :embarrassed:)

You're in trouble now Ms. Goofy Nikko, but confession is good for the soul my child so we'll cut you some slack!  ;D
  •  

amZo

Quote from: Shantel on January 25, 2014, 08:43:17 PM
You're in trouble now Ms. Goofy Nikko, but confession is good for the soul my child so we'll cut you some slack!  ;D

Thank you dear!  :)
  •  

Shawn Sunshine

well I just find it fascinating is all, some suggest the whooping is a learned art form of preaching. That the sweating and the patting the forehead with a white cloth is part of it. I will say this though, from my observation Caucasian folks don't seem to get as excited in church as African American folks. I personally like a blend of calm worship and excited and standing on my tip toes worship.

#SupergirlsForJustice
  •