Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Weight loss with plantar fasciitus?

Started by Emmaline, January 15, 2014, 04:57:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emmaline

Okay, so thanks to flat feet and skater shoes, I have plantar fasciitus- and my knees are a little shabby after compensating for them.  Got me some sports lifts now.  All good.  But it does really kill my excercise options for my weight loss.  I walk as much as I can, but jogging and running will be out of bounds for a good year or so.

So, the problem is I am finding most routines involve excercises I cannot do.  It has cut my options right down.  Gym membership is off the cards, financially speaking.

Cycling (good but I have to hire by the hour as I have NO room for a bike)- good, but right now we are in a heatwave- so no chance.

Swimming...  great but I also have unstable shoulders- so the strokes I can do are not exactly burning cals.

Yoga... my usual fave- half of the poses cannot be done with feet- so not able to really do the sustained weight loss types of routine.

Jogging and running:  Out.

Martial Arts:  Out.

So any suggestions would be good.  I am tackling the diet side of things as a priority for now.
Body... meet brain.  Now follow her lead and there will be no more trouble, you dig?

•  

Cindy

This may sound silly, but boxing.

No not in the ring with Mike Tyson, boxing exercise
  •  

Emmaline

Oh yes- good idea. I could grab a boxercise dvd

;D
Body... meet brain.  Now follow her lead and there will be no more trouble, you dig?

•  

Cindy

My BF has PF and this is what he does, it is a hard work out, I've tried it and I'm fit!
  •  

SciNerdGirl

Quote from: Emmaline on January 15, 2014, 04:57:05 AM
Okay, so thanks to flat feet and skater shoes, I have plantar fasciitus- and my knees are a little shabby after compensating for them.  Got me some sports lifts now.  All good.  But it does really kill my excercise options for my weight loss.  I walk as much as I can, but jogging and running will be out of bounds for a good year or so.

Pilates is a great option. 

I have really bad flat feed and plantar faciitus, and I jog pretty regularly(5-10 miles/week), with just good shoes.  I have found that as long as I stretch religiously after each and every jog, it doesn't bother me too much.  And by stretching I mean a good 20-30 minutes of a real static stretch routine.

J.
If I want to look like a girl, I need to eat like one.

Happiness is getting your eyeliner perfect on the first try  :angel:
  •  

Emmaline

That is good news.  I do stretch in mornings and got some joggers fitted- but impact is still pretty bad at this stage.  Dry needling.  Pain = 10/10.

•