Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Yeson Voice surgery Opinions

Started by Sophiabutterfly09, January 27, 2014, 07:21:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sophiabutterfly09

Hey everyone  :) im seriously considering going to Korea to have VFS with Dr. Kim. I am somewhat unsure if it is appropriate though. I am definitely astonished with the post operative voices of Jenny, Abby, Sarah and Kiwi4eva. Many of my "cis-gendered" friends are telling me its unnecessary but I feel like they dont understand. I would be extremely appreciative if I could have some opinions  ;D
Heres my Rainbow Passage reading:    http://vocaroo.com/i/s1u4gpyOXniK
You are a composite of all the things you believe, and all the places you believe you can go. Your past does not define you. You can step out of your history and create a new day for yourself. Even if the entire culture is saying, "You can't." Even if every single possible bad thing that can happen to you does. You can keep going forward.
-Oprah Winfrey
  •  

jenn90210

to me you sound like girl. i don't think you need it  ;)

HRT - April 16, 2012
Full Time - January 8, 2013
BA & Body Feminization - Dr. Suarez - Oct 5, 2013
VFS - Dr. Kim - March 18, 2014

FFS - Dr. DiMaggio - December 11, 2014
  •  

Jennygirl

Have to agree with Ms. 90210, you've got a beautiful voice already :)

In no ways does it sound masculine... at all. Way to go :D
  •  

AmyBerlin

Dear Sophia,

apparently, you've got your resonance modulation down pat – your voice sounds very good indeed for not having had surgery. I'd pay attention to the ends of sentences though. Your voice drops there (which is part of natural speech melody) and you delve into pitch regions that natal women can't access anymore (or at least not at reasonable volume). I would successively add breath at these points, to simulate the "noting out" effect so obvious in the voices of a large proportion of women.

Whether to have surgery or not is a tough question. I'd consider you about on a par with SarahR on this forum, who decided in favor of VFS, despite she had already feminized her voice to a large degree. And I must say, it really put some very favorable finishing touches on her voice.

It'll all boil down to how much of a perfectionist you are. You don't desperately need VFS, that's for sure, but if you could profit from it is a wholly different matter. You decide :-)

Hope this helps,

Amy

•  

Sophiabutterfly09

OMG!!  :)Thankyou so much Amy, I really am thankful that you gave me such a nuanced and educated answer. I totally 110% agree with you . Exactly as you said I dont feel that I desperately need VFS but I do strongly feel that it would be beneficial to my femininity thus enhancing my passability. I beileive that everyones transition is different and somewhat unique, as a somewhat tall transwoman (5'10) I am extremely aware of all other perceived "masculine" traits I posess, although I feel my voice is feminine there is room for improvement. Thankyou Jennygirl and miss90210 I am very flattered.
You are a composite of all the things you believe, and all the places you believe you can go. Your past does not define you. You can step out of your history and create a new day for yourself. Even if the entire culture is saying, "You can't." Even if every single possible bad thing that can happen to you does. You can keep going forward.
-Oprah Winfrey
  •  

Sophiabutterfly09

I am most definitely planning to get VFS at yeson within the coming months I will keep everyone updated  ;D
-Oprah Winfrey
  •  

barbie

Quote from: Sophiabutterfly09 on January 28, 2014, 06:25:52 AM
I am most definitely planning to get VFS at yeson within the coming months I will keep everyone updated  ;D

So, you had already made up your mind. My impression is also that you may improve your already-feminine voice with VFS. Your sounds may be more natural and more beautiful after VFS, although I can not guarantee it.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •