Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Fixing nasality?

Started by Stella Lunaris, January 30, 2014, 07:34:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stella Lunaris

I've tried everything. Literally just everything. Videos upon videos, techniques, singing, forcing a higher pitch and a lower resonance, but nothing works to make my voice sound like anything other than an effeminate gay man.

Part of the problem is that my voice is extremely nasal, and I really want to fix it. I always have somewhat of a stuffy nose, from allergies mostly, but I don't know how much of a problem that is. I'm just very nasal and I would really like to know some good tips to fix this.

https://soundcloud.com/kat-targaryen/audio-recording-on-thursday

There's a recording of my voice. Sorry the audio is kind of funky, I'm not entirely sure why it's like that. As you can tell though, my voice is pretty nasal. While it doesn't really sound all that masculine, at least not in a traditional way, it still sounds a lot more masculine that feminine.

What sort of things I can do to fix it? I need to see a vocal coach, I know that, but the only one around here is booked out.
  •  

JLT1

You can add breath to your voice.  If I can figure out how, I'll get you a copy of an instructional disk that my voice instructor made that goes over exactly how to do that.  No way I can describe it.

Any ideas on doing that would help.

Hugs,

Jen
To move forward is to leave behind that which has become dear. It is a call into the wild, into becoming someone currently unknown to us. For most, it is a call too frightening and too challenging to heed. For some, it is a call to be more than we were capable of being, both now and in the future.
  •  

Stella Lunaris

An instructional disk? You could probably rip it off the CD on something like Windows Media Player and send it via email?

I don't know, to be honest. I'd have to see it. But that'd be super helpful if you could find a way to get that to me, or find something else similar that explains it.

Thanks!
  •