Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

DIY beauty tips

Started by Oriah, February 04, 2014, 03:34:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oriah

I thought I'd start a thread for everyone to share tips for things like homemade beauty products and DIY tips for hair, skin, nails, etc.

I'll go first

-pepto bismol applied to a pimple and left to dry will make it go away faster than just about any other product.

-watered down peanut butter (creamy) can be used in place of shave cream/gel and gives a better shave, with less redness, bumps, and it nourishes skin, leaving a gentle glow...also peanut butter mixed with egg yolk makes a wonderful moisturizing and skin nourishing facial.

-egg yolk mixed with a little bit of olive oil and lathered into hair, and left to sit an hour before washing out will rehydrate and repair damaged hair, returning shine and body.

-a much cheaper and just as effective version of the expensive clay masks can be made by adding water to clay cat litter.....it is literally the same stuff, just not dyed green.  It removes toxins from the skin and adds essential minerals, resulting in younger more radiant skin

-lemon juice applied to nails (or you can soak nails in it) will strengthen nails and also bleach stained nails

-a paste made of hydrogen peroxide and baking soda, or alternately lemon juice and baking soda, applied to unwanted hair and dried with a hairdryer will bleach the hairs making them lighter and much less visible

-washing your face with whole milk will nourish skin with healthy fats, and the lactic acid in it will remove dead skin and speed up skin cell turnover rates, causing skin to have a more youthful glow

-the antibacterial and drying effect of lemon juice makes it an excellent treatment for acne....just apply it to pimples or effected area, allow it to dry, then wash it off gently....a significant reduction in size, severity, and new pimples in less than two days

•  

barbie

I massage my face with one ice cube at least once per day to decrease wrinkles, especially for the forehead, and it has worked very well for me.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Jill F

I printed out a picture of Angelina Jolie and pasted it to a paper bag with the eyeholes cut out...
  •  

barbie

Quote from: Jill F on February 06, 2014, 03:15:44 PM
I printed out a picture of Angelina Jolie and pasted it to a paper bag with the eyeholes cut out...

Why? Any jealousy?

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Joan

Quote from: Jill F on February 06, 2014, 03:15:44 PM

I do that too.

I always remember to be age appropriate.  I go with Helen Mirren ;)
Only a dark cocoon before I get my gorgeous wings and fly away
Only a phase, these dark cafe days
  •  

Oriah

Quote from: barbie on February 06, 2014, 03:13:09 PM
I massage my face with one ice cube at least once per day to decrease wrinkles, especially for the forehead, and it has worked very well for me.

barbie~~

that sounds frighteningly horrible....I hate cold stuff.....

but I have small creases on my forehead and they drive me nuts, so I'll try this!
  •  

Lyric

If you think an ice cube would be annoying you should try what I do. I tend to have dry skin, especially in the winter (now) with central heat blowing on my all day. While I do use a facial moisturizer, I also keep a full spray bottle of distilled water handy all the time and give myself a misting in the face with it frequently throughout the day.
"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life." - Steve Jobs
  •