Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Happiness Is...

Started by Pica Pica, July 27, 2007, 04:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would You Say Happiness Is Necessarily A Non-Gendered Thing?

Yes
24 (77.4%)
No
7 (22.6%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pica Pica

i think of all the times i have been most happy, and in all those times gender did not play a role, happiness is androgynous i feel.

agree, or disagree?
  •  

Emerald

Androgyne.
I am not Trans-masculine, I am not Trans-feminine.
I am not Bigender, Neutrois or Genderqueer.
I am neither Cisgender nor Transgender.
I am of the 'gender' which existed before the creation of the binary genders.
  •  

no_id

Aren't most if not all emotions unrelated to gender though? The way we express them, and experience them may be different, but otherwise... Dum dee dum...
  •  

Pica Pica

i would have thought so, but the way some people on here talk it would seem that nothing is...
  •  

no_id

Then I call for a 'back to basics'...

Humans and animals all experience emotions likewise, and all express them differently. We suffer, we laugh, we hate, we love. A dog wiggles its tail despite what's between its legs. Perhaps we'd be better off if we had one too.
  •  

IsabelleStPierre

I don't think one's gender has anything to do with being happy or sad or any other emotional state for that matter...happiness is a mental state and something that truly comes from within...just my opinion of course...

Peace and love,
Isabelle St-Pierre
  •  

Schala

Quote from: Isabelle St-Pierre on January 04, 2008, 07:40:05 PM
I don't think one's gender has anything to do with being happy or sad or any other emotional state for that matter...happiness is a mental state and something that truly comes from within...just my opinion of course...

Peace and love,
Isabelle St-Pierre

I second that, I don't think happiness is gendered. Falling in love could be considered happiness, and everyone (whatever their gender) can fall in love.
  •