Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Are there any easy songs to sing that help you develop a female voice?

Started by Skyler (^~^), February 19, 2014, 08:47:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skyler (^~^)

Hi everybody! (^~^)
I was wondering if there are any songs that helped you develop a female voice because the female vocals weren't too high pitched. I'm hoping for some modern songs and would prefer to not have it be a song that would raise questions being on a teenagers music list.
Thanks in advance!
-sky
We do have a lot in common. The same Earth, the same air, the same sky. Maybe if we started looking at what's the same instead of always looking at what's different, .... Well, who knows? -Meowth
  •  

Brooke777

I have been singing to my son every night since he was born (he is 7 so he still lets me sing), and I have always sang the same song. Amazing Grace. Honestly, this did help quite a bit in developing my voice. Due to the range of octaves in the song, I was able to slowly raise my singing voice, and thus my talking voice, over time.
  •  

Skyler (^~^)

Dang Brooke I never thought of such a simple song. I'll have to try it, thanks (: how long do you think it took you to see the change?
We do have a lot in common. The same Earth, the same air, the same sky. Maybe if we started looking at what's the same instead of always looking at what's different, .... Well, who knows? -Meowth
  •  

Hikari

I find I can hit the notes mostly in "Jar of Hearts" by Christina Perri. In fact lots of times she sings fairly low, with the occasional lyric or two that is higher and I can push myself with. Her new Single "Human" is too hard for me though.
私は女の子 です!My Blog - Hikari's Transition Log http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/board,377.0.html
  •  

TaoRaven

I use Lady Gaga's entire discography. Some songs become "goals", and some are fairly easy to nail early on. I'm at the point where I can nail pretty much anything on the list, with no cracking or gasping anymore. I've been singing these since....August....lol.
  •  

Skyler (^~^)

I love jar of hearts! And I love how lady gaga stays true to herself (: I've been listening to a lot of Against Me! Lately, and although it help me feel better it does help for voice training. My family and friends always question why I always sing the girl parts of songs and I really want to yell "Because I'm a girl!! Duh!". I hate singing right now because my voice is too deep. Another question, does getting your Adam's apple shaved change your voice at all? If I got any surgery that would probably be my only one regardless of if it does or not. I have an EXTREMELY prominent one and I hate it.
Thanks for the advice!
-Sky, the girl who wants to rip her throat out when she sings
  •  

Brooke777

Quote from: Slushysky on February 19, 2014, 07:49:42 PM
Dang Brooke I never thought of such a simple song. I'll have to try it, thanks (: how long do you think it took you to see the change?

It took me about three months to get my voice where I wanted it to be. I had an extremely low voice. However, I also did three months of voice therapy and worked on my voice constantly during that time.
  •  

AmyBerlin

Hi all,

Quote from: Skyler (^~^) on February 19, 2014, 08:47:06 AM
I was wondering if there are any songs that helped you develop a female voice because the female vocals weren't too high pitched.

The main thing is not what songs you sing, but the key you sing them in. Women's speaking voices typically use F3-A4. So any song with this range as its core (as opposed to: its extreme heights, as for songs sung by men) will do fine, because it forces you to smooth out the passaggio (break) in the voice between the high and low ranges.

Hope this helps,

Amy
  •