Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Today was my first day as Eva at work

Started by Eva Marie, September 18, 2014, 01:33:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrancisAnn

Great for you. I'm so glad. I love makeup, nail polish, eyes, earrings, perfume, rings, etc..... Just everything about enjoying being a woman is fun & normal for me. I always loved to play dress up as a young girl. I guess my reason to suggest more makeup. You look great, enjoy.
mtF, mid 50's, always a girl since childhood, HRT (Spiro, E & Fin.) since 8-13. Hormone levels are t at 12 & estrogen at 186. Face lift & eye lid surgery in 2014. Abdominoplasty/tummy tuck & some facial surgery May, 2015. Life is good for me. Love long nails & handsome men! Hopeful for my GRS & a nice normal depth vagina maybe by late summer. 5' 8", 180 pounds, 14 dress size, size 9.5 shoes. I'm kind of an elegant woman & like everything pink, nice & neet. Love my nails & classic Revlon Red. Moving back to Florida, so excited but so much work moving
  •  

Brenda E

Eva Marie, I'm so happy that things are working out so well for you.  Sounds like your colleagues are a great bunch who truly care about you.  Thanks for sharing such an important milestone - yet another check mark in the "Transition Doesn't Have To Be Unhappy" column, and very encouraging for us all.

You look beautiful too. ;)
  •  

Virginia

Wishing you all the happiness the world has to offer as you begin this major change in your life.
~VA

Quote from: Eva Marie on September 18, 2014, 01:33:05 AMI made the maiden voyage to the ladies room...the stall doors are all closed whether or not the stall is occupied...do I lean down from a distance to look for shoes to verify whether a stall is occupied?

I just knock...

~VA (pronounced Vee- Aye, the abbreviation for the State of Virginia where I live)
  •  

Julia-Madrid

Hi Eva

You really look great in your selfie, so stop moaning girl  :D

He he, even our in-company medic misgenders me still, and she's been on the journey with me since last year... slowly slowly...

Hugs
Julia
  •  

darkfox91

It made me happy to read this. Congrats!
  •  

LizMarie

That's wonderful, Eva!! It's so good when things go the way we hope. :)
The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away.

~ Cara Elizabeth
  •  

Deinewelt

Eva,

You look amazing girl!  I know I'm a newbie here, but I have seen most of your inspirational story while lurking, and I am so happy for you!  :)
  •  

ImagineKate

You look great! And more importantly I'm sure you feel like a million bucks!
  •  

FrancisAnn

Eva, you made it through the first week, good for you. Maybe this weekend you can reward yourself with a nice bubble bath and or go shopping with a girl friend. Please have a great day either way, proud of you sister.
mtF, mid 50's, always a girl since childhood, HRT (Spiro, E & Fin.) since 8-13. Hormone levels are t at 12 & estrogen at 186. Face lift & eye lid surgery in 2014. Abdominoplasty/tummy tuck & some facial surgery May, 2015. Life is good for me. Love long nails & handsome men! Hopeful for my GRS & a nice normal depth vagina maybe by late summer. 5' 8", 180 pounds, 14 dress size, size 9.5 shoes. I'm kind of an elegant woman & like everything pink, nice & neet. Love my nails & classic Revlon Red. Moving back to Florida, so excited but so much work moving
  •  

Emily.T

Wow Eva you look great and congrats on a successful first day out at work I am so happy for you that everyone is so supportive I wish you the best in your future endeavours  xx
  •  

Eva Marie

Thanks for all of the words of encouragement and the love you all have shown me :) I truly love this place!

I had a small chat with the CEO as I was leaving yesterday and she wanted to know how the week had been. I told her that there had been no issues whatsoever and I was very happy and pleased by people's reactions, and that I would not have changed a thing. I also said that I was very happy with the things that the company did for me to help out. She told me that she thought the way I came out and who I am had a lot to do with the acceptance I got. It was a very nice chat. I was and still am blown away by the acceptance that people gave me.

So the very scary week 1 at work is behind me and now I'm just living and loving my new life  :)
  •  

FrancisAnn

Quote from: Eva Marie on September 20, 2014, 08:11:03 AM
Thanks for all of the words of encouragement and the love you all have shown me :) I truly love this place!

I had a small chat with the CEO as I was leaving yesterday and she wanted to know how the week had been. I told her that there had been no issues whatsoever and I was very happy and pleased by people's reactions, and that I would not have changed a thing. I also said that I was very happy with the things that the company did for me to help out. She told me that she thought the way I came out and who I am had a lot to do with the acceptance I got. It was a very nice chat. I was and still am blown away by the acceptance that people gave me.

So the very scary week 1 at work is behind me and now I'm just living and loving my new life  :)
Good for you & thanks for sharing everything. I hope you have a great weekend.
  •  

Eva Marie

The first month is behind me at this point and I am old news at the office now LOL......

I'm not experiencing many issues but some misgendering has been happening here and there. Most people immediately correct themselves, but not always. I was talking with some people the other day and I had to make my first correction after "he" was used for the 3rd time in the conversation  ::) The person that was talking got the deer in the headlights look after that so I know it was unintentional.

Looking back at my first month - I never thought that transitioning would fix all of my problems (and it hasn't) but it HAS fixed the main problem that has been dogging me all of my life - My dysphoria is 100% GONE  :) With that gone all things are now possible.

And transitioning has brought some not unexpected new issues into my life - acceptance from my parents, the hassle of always having to be made up before stepping out the door, the expense of buying cosmetics and clothes and going to the beauty shop, working through some social anxiety fitting into my new role, etc. But many of these problems are the same problems that women face daily so i can't complain - I joined their team :laugh:

My new life is becoming more and more familiar and I am enjoying living it - and it's far better than the old life I left behind!  :)

~Eva
  •  

suzifrommd

Have you read my short story The Eve of Triumph?
  •  

judithlynn

Hi Eva Marie;
Wonderful need. Its amazing how time just slips by when everything seems so normal. Do send me a PM and let me know how everyone is going at Church. Have you done any more food runs. I am thinking of you often;
Judith Lynn
:-*
Hugs

•  

rosinstraya

Congrats again, Eva! It's really uplifting to hear such good things!
[table][tr][td]

[/td][td]

[/td][/tr][/table]
  •  

Brenda E

Quote from: Eva Marie on October 20, 2014, 08:38:37 AM
The first month is behind me at this point and I am old news at the office now LOL......

Being old news is good news.  So glad to hear that everything is working out just fine and life is unsensational. ;)
  •  

Julia-Madrid

And transitioning has brought some not unexpected new issues into my life - acceptance from my parents, the hassle of always having to be made up before stepping out the door, the expense of buying cosmetics and clothes and going to the beauty shop, working through some social anxiety fitting into my new role, etc. But many of these problems are the same problems that women face daily so i can't complain - I joined their team :laugh:

Yeah Eva, of course there are some hassles, but it's easly to turn them around... cosmetics... sometimes a pain, but isn't it great that you can do office professional during the day, and then turn on the smoky eyes at night?   Clothes?  My credit card is screaming a little this month, but, girl, did I find the most gorgeous dress..! (Whoever heard people saying the same about a suit!?   ;D)

My new life is becoming more and more familiar and I am enjoying living it - and it's far better than the old life I left behind!  :)

.... and that makes it the best decision!  I'm thrilled it feels so good for you!
  •  

spx_1112

•