Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Transgender in Texas

Started by Gene, February 23, 2014, 10:30:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gene

Hey guys, I'm throwing out several nets to try and get some good information about healthcare coverage for surgeries and other trans*-related medical needs for a buddy of mine who lives in El Paso, TX. I haven't lived there in about two years now, so my knowledge may be a little outdated, and I've been spoiled by Colorado's liberal attitudes towards transfolk. I know that recently they began accepting the gender that a person transitioned to as the gender to consider for matters of marriage licensing, but beyond that I'm not sure. Does anyone know anything about the healthcare laws in Texas in relation to transgender issues?
Who's got two thumbs, is a FTM transsexual artist & moderate gamer who is outspoken about his opinions w/ an insatiable appetite for his enemy's shame? This guy
  •  

Polo

As far as I can tell, most transgender issues in Texas are dealt with by the municipalities; there is nothing pro- or anti- trans on a lot of the books.  I've only been here about 6 months so I only know so much.  I did find a GLBT doctor in El Paso who might be a good person to call for your friend to get more localized information:
http://gaylesbiandirectory.com/directory/Womens-Healthcare-2549.html

•