Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

religious evangelical mishap

Started by Reagan, September 11, 2012, 06:46:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reagan

This morning me and my family were asleep. My spouse worked the night shift rotation at the hospital and my daughter was home sick.  I'm usually up doing my morning work-out but decided to sleep in and get some cuddle time with my S/O. Then someone came to my door and started ringing the doorbell. Not just once, but repeatedly. Well I have three dogs and every-time they rang the the bell... Well you get the picture. So I decided to get up and put some clothes on and see who is in such a desperate need to speak with me. I get to the door to find that they had moved on to the neighbors house. So I waited on my steps to see what they were selling and to run them off. We live in a community where soliciting is not allowed.

When they finished up with my neighbor the two women stated down their driveway when they noticed me. They started my way as I asked them if they were the ones ringing my bell. they replied "yes." So I asked what it was they were selling. They said "The word of god". "Really " I say. So the two ladies proceed to tell me about their Baptist Church and how they are out speaking to people about the lord. So I straight up asked them how they felt about the LGBT community and in particular the Transgender community. They looked confused at first. Then I told them that I was a transsexual male to female. I mean if they were trying to get me to join their church then they should know what I am. Then things got interesting and they told me that they thought I was living in sin. Here a couple of older southern black baptist women came knocking on my door. Boy did they get a shock.

I guess what really bothers me is I have no control over their beliefs and who they want to worship. I'm just a little annoyed that when they come knocking on my door and wake me and my family up and want to tell me how they think I'm living in sin. Who the heck do they think they are. I told them to get off my property and never come back. They said they would pray for me. I said I would pray for their intolerance right before I called the cops on them and had them removed from the neighborhood with a trespassing warning.

I mean seriously this crosses the line. Should I feel bad? I feel a little violated. I'm not going into their church demanding for them to accept me. I damn sure don't want them coming to my house disrespecting me. Telling me that I'm an abomination of god and going to burn in hell if I don't repent and accept Jesus Christ into my heart. Good Grief ladies save it for Sunday mass.
No matter how big or small, to take steps everyday is progress. ~Me
The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself. ~Mark Twain
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt
Whatever you are, be a good one. ~Abraham Lincoln
  •  

Ms. OBrien CVT

It is time like those that you wish one of your dogs could growl and look menacing on command.  After all they are trespassing.

It does not take courage or bravery to change your gender.  It takes fear of living one more day in the wrong one.~me
  •