Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Chest Binding

Started by MRH, April 15, 2010, 03:59:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MRH

Is there anywhere you can buy chest binders from in the UK? Ive looked on the internet but all I can find is American sites (and i'd prefer to be able to walk into a shop than purchase over the internet)
For the time being though I need a good way to bind my chest and Im not sure how to go about it. I tried cling film but i have quite large breasts so you could still see them.
Any advice?
  •  

Fenrir

I know, I've got the same problem with wanting to try them on. As far as I know, American websites are the only place, I'm afraid. Some people cut the legs off cycling shorts or wear sports bras to flatten them (the higher the lycra content the better). Some people bandage them, too.
Large breasts are a problem though... binding doesn't work too much above a C. Which sucks, I've got Es on a slim frame, can't get those flat without cracking ribs and suffocating.  :'(
  •  

Jam

I wanted to buy from the UK too but we just seem to have nothing of much here...i can find the odd packer but as for binders i've never found anything.

I've just this second put my order in for a underworks tri-top binder as i have a larger chest (D-DD)
it was cheaper then i thought. Came to $48.00 thats around £32.00 including airmail costs.
  •  

MRH

Yeah Im a DD and they are very hard to cover up with cling film lol
I may look into some binders then, I just dont like buying from other countries. I've bought a few things from america and japan that never came and i never got my cash back so im always cautious now.
I may wait a bit too until I actually come out to family. I think they'll be a bit shocked if one day I suddenly have no breasts :P
  •  

Jam

Yeah i havent told mine yet haha. Godknows how im going to get round wearing the binder without them noticing but i had to buy one. My chest is annoying me to high heaven.
  •  

MRH

Im not too bothered by my chest at the moment. I still manage to pass as male with them sometimes lol. I dont know how though.
  •  

Jam

I know this is old but i thought i'd put it in here anyways, my binder is giving me real problems.

I get sharp shooting pains for days after wearing it, i also get random moments of struggling to breathe and my ribs kill. I measured up and got the recommended size for my chest but im wondering if this is normal or not? should i get a bigger size?
  •  

LilDoberman

It's definately not normal.  How does it fit?  Are you wearing a full length or short style?  How long are you wearing it for?  I'll throw my measurements out, maybe it'll help you with sizing.  I'm a 34DD, 5'5" 140 lbs.  My measurements are 33 and 39.  Gah.  Yeah.  I'm in a medium 997 and it is TIGHT even though I'm nowhere near the top end.   When I wear the tri-top I need a large.
If in doubt, get a larger size.  If you receive it and it's way too big, you can always send it back.  Please, please don't damage yourself, you're the only 'you' you have :)  Good luck!
--Deanne  :P
  •  

Argent

I have a size G in cup size. Yes I know, i'm cursed. Stupid tumours.  :'(

Any advise for how to bind my chest with that size?

Even if it reduces them a bit. I will be very happy. <3
  •  

LilDoberman

Argent, you may get some decent binding with a tight sportsbra (the frog bra could work for you) and then a binder over top.  You could also try two sports bras to start, one a size smaller than the other.  My DD's aren't flat in a binder; I look like I have the pecs of a 200 lb man, but they're pretty unnoticeable if I dress to hide them. 
Sports bras are easy to find, much more comfortable than binders and relatively cheap; I'd start there.  Good luck!
If I get a chance I'll post a few pictures of my chest in various stages.  It was something I could have used awhile ago and really didn't find much of. 
  •  

Argent

Yes please! That would be really helpful. Thanks for the tip.  :D I really want to reduce these tumours as much as I can!!!
  •  

LilDoberman

One more from the front, sorry it's so dark but I didn't want a huge flash light in the mirror.

•  

Argent

Which stage is that?  :)
  •  

LilDoberman

Ack, sorry, deleted some but not all.  Here you go:

Regular underwire bra:

Sports bra:

997:  I can get them a bit flatter than this, but they tend to shift back up to here, so I stopped bothering.

997 again, today:

997 doubled back up.  I don't have on an undershirt; hence a line:

Hope that helps someone :) 
  •  

Argent

I feel dumb, but what is the 997? How did you manage to get so much flatters? And thank you by the way. I have'nt found any pictures like this. It's great to actually see the difference.  :)
  •  

LilDoberman

No problem :)  Wish I had pictures before I had to order.  I have model 997 from underworks.  It binds fairly well for as big as I am, and honestly it looks flatter in person than in pictures.  If I wear a button down or a larger T-shirt, you can't really tell I'm huge.   But, it's sooooo hot.  I think I'm going to try a super wide ace bandage over a sports bra just to see how that is.  I'm not trying to pass though, just tone things down, so your mileage may vary :)
  •  

Argent

Underworks? Heard of the website before. Is it good? :) Also, do you know where to get ace bandages from? I have tried medical shops and stuff and I have had no luck yet. Do you know what section they would be in?  ??? And from what I can tell from the photos, i'm bigger chestwise. And I am still growing! It;s ridiculas. :/ Thanks you for your help again.  :)
  •