Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

On being clocked, "sometimes"

Started by Bird, February 28, 2012, 01:29:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bird

I notice I pass more often than not. Right now I am in this LAN house and no one gave me a second look as I entered, but I just left a drug store where I got a very weird stare by a guy who was standing outside. It is always possible some people regonize me from before transitioning, because I still haven't moved to a place where no one has meet me.

I remember once I was in a hotel at another town and as I had breakfast I overheard two guys talking. I heard one saying to another "She is hot" to which his friend replied "She has a male's face" and the other one remained skeptical saying "No, she doesn't" up to the point his friend said "Fine, I am just trying to warn you about it". I believe the conversation was about me.

So I am in a spot where the majority of folks won't notice, but every now and then someone will clock me. I believe I did everything I could have done so far, aside from surgeries. I learned my makeup, clothings, walk, began HRT and fixed my voice and I am hiting the gym. My mother tells me there is something weird about my "posture" that gives me away, it is way too affeminate sometimes, so I am controlling that. I am also going to lighten my eyebrows, as I think it would have them stand out less.

Perhaps as a next step I could post a video here? If any of you girls are willing to watch it and give me tips on what could be up. Although, I'm thinking the only way I could fix this for good is through future FFS.
  •  

monica93304

Girl. I finally got to see your pictures on another thread, and I would just say be yourself.  You are absolutely PRETTY!  When I get clocked, I just hold my head up high, smile and continue walking.  It's no ones business who you are.
  •  

gennee

I do the same thing, Monica. I get compliments sometimes.
Be who you are.
Make a difference by being a difference.   :)

Blog: www.difecta.blogspot.com
  •  

Bird

I was feeling fairly anxious when I wrote that post, now I agree with you monica. I have some issues I need to mature to deal with. Thank you.
  •  

JenJen2011

I do believe passing is important, at least for me it is, but self-confidence is more important and necessary for one's own happiness.
"You have one life to live so live it right"
  •  

Stephanie.Izann

Quote from: JenJen2011 on March 21, 2012, 12:05:34 PM
I do believe passing is important, at least for me it is, but self-confidence is more important and necessary for one's own happiness.

A BIG DITTO on that! ;D
  •  

vanna

passing is self confidence, they become one and the same

the self confidence gives you the ability to improve even more on you appearance, atleast for me :)
  •  

Staci

Quote from: vanna on March 22, 2012, 08:04:41 AM
passing is self confidence, they become one and the same

These are the truest of words.
  •  

Dahlia

Don't forget there are many, many thousands of  ordinairy, straight looking and acting men who are secretly into MTF because a lot of them have deeply hidden T and bi tendencies themselves.

This kind of men have a 6th sense to recognise MTF no matter how feminine and passable they are; this kind of men just sense it.
  •  

XchristineX

I let the hormones take over
The softening of voice.  More gracefull in movement's
And yes I used to get as the term is clocked
If you are very comfortable as a girl with all the social attributes
Others see that. Most of the time it was never an issue
But maybe it was I lived in Vancouver Canada and it was over run
With ts girls lol. So learn to be a girl hang out with only girls
You will eventually change
  •  

Veronica Morph

I agree also that some men has this radar to id the other cd or tg fellow passing thru, or other are atracted the them even.

also i felt that young ladies , with a high vanity level can di us easier as well.

what i try to do in order to distract their eyes and focus something else and avoid confirmations that im who i am, i try to use curves in my body that can show a natural lady of my age, 35-40 which is elegant , but not supper hot, if i make my self a perfect body or a supper sexy look, i will have those eyes that would like to find the tproof that im not a real girl, those eyes of judging or finding out are really anoying.

to build confidence i had to go out in crowded areas like airports etc, on daylight.

to gain courage and had to do a perfect make up, i had to make a perfect padding, and a perfect wig for my look.

when my beard shadow is not perfect i loose confidence.

i feel a lot better when my make up really looks perfect and hides any male feature.

unfortunately make up wears out on me quick, i still am looking for waterproof foundations etc,

my voice will give me away for sure, so i am a mute lady when going out.

Quote from: Dahlia on February 09, 2013, 02:14:36 PM
Don't forget there are many, many thousands of  ordinairy, straight looking and acting men who are secretly into MTF because a lot of them have deeply hidden T and bi tendencies themselves.

This kind of men have a 6th sense to recognise MTF no matter how feminine and passable they are; this kind of men just sense it.
Veronica Morph
  •  

Idenya

They say the same thing about cis women! In fact, I seen some cis women that look so male, makes me wana ask "Are you transitioning?!" LOLZ sorry I had to.....

If you get clocked be cool about it. SOmetimes its just to get a reaction. I realize more so than not, a lot and I mean a LOT of people have been institutionalized! Like, they did 30 years or something! Prison mentality!  Thats all clocking is hun! you in the general pop of the world LOL cause some peoples lives ARE a prison! Just dont fall for it, you know you look good, you know beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder!

Peace and love!
あゆみ
  •