Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Should I get FFS and what procedure?

Started by TragicMagic, December 15, 2012, 09:49:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TragicMagic

Hey people! I'm finally deciding to start transitioning after 6 years of umming and aaahing about taking this big leap since I was about 12. Now I've turned 18, I'm free to do what I want! There are a few things I'm really unsure about and FFS is the main one. I don't even know where to start!

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/404/photoknb.jpg/

Here's a picture of my face (not really presentable, I know, and I have stubble because I'm having consultations with various electrolysists). I do intend on losing weight of course but I just want some opinions. Where do you think is the most urgent area needing doing? I'm thinking of maybe getting some lip filler because it's the only thing I can afford at the moment. What do you think? I don't want to go to a consultation and have them tell me to get a full face transplant just to sell me something. Would you recommend virtual FFS?

Thanks!!!
  •  

Carbon

Are you on HRT? I'm not sure you need FFS and if you're not even on HRT you should wait to see what changes come from that (the common wisdom is 2 years HRT). Besides the goatee your features don't seem very masculine.
  •  

Catherine Sarah

Quote from: Carbon on December 15, 2012, 09:57:56 AM
Are you on HRT? I'm not sure you need FFS and if you're not even on HRT you should wait to see what changes come from that (the common wisdom is 2 years HRT). Besides the goatee your features don't seem very masculine.

^^^^^^ this, +1

Huggs
Catherine

If you're in Australia and are subject to Domestic Violence or Violence against Women, call 1800-RESPECT (1800-737-7328) for assistance.
  •  

TragicMagic

You really think so? :) I always thought I looked like a massive oaf lol. Especially with that sized nose! What kind of facial changes can I expect from HRT?
  •  

Jamie D

Noses are about the easiest thing to fix.  Even many ciswomen hate their noses.

TragicMagic, please consider posting a short bio on the Introductions page.

EDIT:  I just looked it up.  After liposuction, rhinoplasty is the second most common cosmetic procedure, according to Discovery Health.
  •  

Carbon

Quote from: TragicMagic on December 15, 2012, 10:17:29 AM
You really think so? :) I always thought I looked like a massive oaf lol. Especially with that sized nose! What kind of facial changes can I expect from HRT?

HRT changes where your body deposits fat and will gradually decrease muscle mass, but it's hard to predict what exactly that will mean for you since it varies from person to person. You can't expect changes to your skeletal structure or cartilage- that means barring surgery your nose is here to stay- but you probably shouldn't be overly worried relative to other people.

I've spent a lot of time thinking about FFS too but honestly it is better not to focus on it too much, it's an expensive and invasive set of surgeries that we may or may not feel are necessary or worth it a year or two down the road.
  •  

Gandalf

Bone definition along with muscle growth is affected by hormone exposure time and not always 100% at just 18. My jaw and forehead was much less pronounced at 18 than it is now. Do not do FSS, wait at least 3 years imo.
  •