Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

The Irish Times Pub employees violently deny a trans woman entrance on St Patric

Started by Natasha, March 21, 2014, 12:17:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Natasha

The Irish Times Pub employees violently deny a trans woman entrance on St Patricks weekend

http://www.transadvocate.com/the-irish-times-pub-employees-violently-deny-a-trans-woman-entrance-on-st-patricks-weekend_n_13089.htm
by Kelli Busey
March 16, 2014

Andi Dier. a transgender woman from New York was roughed up by the employees of The Irish Times Pub and Restaurant in Holbrooke as they bruskly removed her from the premise. Ms Dier says they used transphobic slurs and tried to take her I phone after seeing she had recorded part of the incident.

They then stole her state issued ID and had it not been for a stranger outraged over her treatment, she says the employees would have kept it.
  •  

suzifrommd

I was troubled that she didn't contact the police. It makes it look like we're exaggerating the situation if we don't do that. Even if they don't do anything, it protects us from the accusation that the incident wasn't as bad as we say because otherwise we would have called them.
Have you read my short story The Eve of Triumph?
  •