Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

What Made You Happy Today? 5.0

Started by FrancisAnn, March 20, 2014, 10:19:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KatVonDoom

My boyfriend did my eyebrows for me. I almost started crying when I looked in the mirror, because it was such a subtle change, but somehow it completely reframed my face, softened my whole brow and made me, for a few moments, see the girl in the mirror I've always known was there.

Quote from: KatVonDoom on March 22, 2014, 12:50:45 PM
My boyfriend did my eyebrows for me. I almost started crying when I looked in the mirror, because it was such a subtle change, but somehow it completely reframed my face, softened my whole brow and made me, for a few moments, see the girl in the mirror I've always known was there.
That's so sweet of him!
HRT on and off since January 20, 2014
Diagnosed with GD: March 2018

https://www.youtube.com/user/930310
  •  

KatVonDoom

Haha, my mom and my sister are now pestering me to ask him to do theirs. I've tried doing my own before, but it just kinda made things worse, since they looked terrible and I felt so frustrated at just not I knowing what to do, so I just kinda gave up on them. But seeing them actually done, taming this cursed eastern European genetic structure, it's...wow. I know HRT will be a huge step, but these tiny baby steps that keep giving me those moments of "holy hell, this is real, the boy mask is chipping away" are just...the greatest thing ever right now :)

Sydney_NYC

I was in Manhattan yesterday walking around City Hall area (a friend of ours got married and needed a witness (there were 6 of us we were invited.) Afterwards we walked over to a restaurant for the reception and there are a lot of tourists in the area. (Keep in mind that I'm 6'7" and now full time.) So as I walked pass another woman I heard her say to her female friend: "Wow, I first thought she was a man she was so tall." Made me feel pretty good that I was doing something right when she saw me more as a woman the closer she was to me.
That same morning my wife and I were looking at Dress Barn and sometimes XL fits me other times I need a 2X. After trying on a few things that were a tad too tight, I asked about larger sizes and she said the other location nearby had them as they only go up to XL. I then told her that my height makes it real difficult to find pants. She said it's a wonderful asset to have and she wished she had it.
Sydney

Born - 1970
Came Out To Self/Wife - Sept-21-2013
Started therapy - Oct-15-2013
Laser and Electrolysis - Oct-24-2013
HRT - Dec-12-2013
Full time - Mar-15-2014
Name change  - June-23-2014
GCS - Nov-2-2017 (Dr Rachel Bluebond-Langner)

•  

Lauren5

Quote from: 930310 on March 21, 2014, 02:40:22 PMIf that would have happened in my area they would have charged you full price no matter what you said to them.
Same here. You'll be lucky to find a 6 pack of Guinness on sale for $10 here, normally it's $12.
It always amazed me how Natural Light (the worst beer you'll ever have) is $4 for a 24 pack of 12 oz cans, but 1.5 L bottles of water are $2. That ends up being 1.2 cents per ounce of beer, but 4 cents per ounce of water. What up with that?

Oh, due to a strange turn of events that left me unable to post until today, I got the blood test done yesterday.
Hey, you've reached Lauren's signature! If you have any questions, want to talk, or just need a shoulder to cry on, leave me a message, and I'll get back to you.
*beep*

Full time: 12/12/13
Started hormones: 26/3/14
FFS: No clue, winter/spring 2014/15 maybe?
SRS: winter/spring 2014/15?
  •  

FalseHybridPrincess

I was out tonight and me and my friend came across 2 old friends from highschool...
I recognised both of them , they recognised my friend  but not me XD

So I guess its something XD

anyway I had a good time tonight
http://falsehybridprincess.tumblr.com/
Follow me and I ll do your dishes.

Also lets be friends on fb :D
  •  

Lauren5

BARCELONA WINS AT REAL MADRID! HAT TRICK FROM MESSI!! PARTY TIME!!!

Minus the hospital stay, feeling slightly depressed that I was left behind last night from partying, but for my own good, and almost running out of money, BEST WEEKEND EVER!!!!!!!!!
Only three cons, while I got my blood test done with minimal fuss, met some interesting friendly new people, bought 3 pair of new shoes, and did I mention Barcelona won?
I think I'm going to make a pasta dinner for my roommates and I tonight, I feel that great.
Hey, you've reached Lauren's signature! If you have any questions, want to talk, or just need a shoulder to cry on, leave me a message, and I'll get back to you.
*beep*

•  

Constance

Okay, it was yesterday but...

I left my apartment just before 9am and got home around 11pm. The bulk of that time was spent with my new boyfriend.  :icon_love:

Lauren5

Quote from: Constance on March 23, 2014, 06:28:07 PMOkay, it was yesterday but...
I left my apartment just before 9am and got home around 11pm. The bulk of that time was spent with my new boyfriend.  :icon_love:
Perhaps would have been better if you switched the AM and PM ;)
*beep*

•  

vi

Quote from: KatVonDoom on March 22, 2014, 12:50:45 PM

Omg, same thing happened to me a few weeks ago! I started crying looking in the mirror and he was freaking out at first out cause he thought I hated it.

Today, I've spent all my free time looking at clothes. It's a lot of fun, having someone to try them on for.
  •  

Constance

Quote from: Lauren5 on March 23, 2014, 06:48:41 PM
Perhaps would have been better if you switched the AM and PM ;)
I have the distinct feeling it was almost 9am to 9am.

Natalia

I got home and my grandfather was watching and recording a documentary about: "sex change"!

He wants to watch it with me tomorrow...

I think this is just a great thing, I think he is trying hard to understand me!

I hope I am not wrong....
  •  

MyKa

Seeing Maggie and Glenn reunite on the walking dead!!!! Yay
Dream as if you'll live forever, Live as if you'll die today.....J.Dean
  •  

V M

Quote from: MyKa on March 23, 2014, 11:36:54 PM
Seeing Maggie and Glenn reunite on the walking dead!!!! Yay

Me too, made me cry
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

HRT on and off since January 20, 2014
Diagnosed with GD: March 2018

https://www.youtube.com/user/930310
  •  

King Malachite

Did T-25 today Beta Core Cardio all by myself and I'm not on the Beta Cycle yet.  I'm sweating.  YEAH! 
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

Shantel

•  

RobinGee

Holy cow how girlie is my guy mode phone voice!  Two female genderings, one misheard Rob as Robin.  :)
  •  

Lauren5

Waiting for a call back from my doctor, she was busy at the time but her secretary said she's ask her to review my test and write a prescription and call back at 2:30 when I'm done with class.
*beep*

•  

xponentialshift

I sent my therapist a summary biography in preparation for my first session and she replied that I explained where I am with my GD very well so we can get right down to business at my first session!
  •