Mandarin
3 (10.3%)
Swahili
0 (0%)
Russian
4 (13.8%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Xhianil

If you could pick one new language to know as if a native speaker, what'd it be?

I personaly want to know Japanese.

Ask for another and it'll added, but for now its just a few.
  •  

Lauren5

I speak English, French, and Spanish, as well as a limited speaking ability of Catalan, Dutch, Italian, Portuguese, and Romanian. I'd like to perfect my Italian and Portuguese, as well as learn Japanese, Korean, Mandarin, Russian, and Swahili.
Hey, you've reached Lauren's signature! If you have any questions, want to talk, or just need a shoulder to cry on, leave me a message, and I'll get back to you.
*beep*

Full time: 12/12/13
Started hormones: 26/3/14
FFS: No clue, winter/spring 2014/15 maybe?
SRS: winter/spring 2014/15?
  •  

Jill F

The more, the merrier, right?  I could get by in French and Spanish at various times and I can understand more than a little Italian but German and Japanese intrigue me.
  •  

Eris

I went for latin as you can use it to make an educated stab at the meanings of words in western European languages which descend from it.
I refuse to live in fear! Come hell or high water I will not back down! I will live my life!
But you have no life.
Ha. Even that won't stop me.

I will protect even those I hate, so long as it is right.

•  

Edge

German (working slowly on it), Norwegian, Swedish, Old Norse, and many others.
  •  

Jessica Merriman

Russian and I am getting there slowly (darn Cyrillic)! :)
  •  

King Malachite

If I had to choose one only, then it would be Russian.  Then it would be Japanese.
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

Natalia

I speak Portuguese (my mother tongue) and a somewhat terrible English  ;D! I would like to learn Italian because my ancestors where all Italians, capisce? I would like to learn Russian because I would love to read Dostoievski on the original  ;) and, as a lover of animes and mangas, I would love to learn Japanese!
  •  

Jamie D

I want to know Spanish better than I do.  And polish up my German.

But the one I would really like to learn is Klingon.  P'tak!
  •  

amZo

I use to know a fair amount of Russian and German. Haven't spent any time with either for years. I plan to work on my Russian again at some point.
  •  

ana

Being Canadian I know Francais and of course English. My mother tongue is Italiano. I know some Spanish as well. I would love to learn Japanese as the Japanese culture fascinates me.

Domo arigatogozaima>-bleeped-<a

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life.... Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary."
  •  

Xenguy

I know English and Spanish, and am beginning to learn French, however, if I could choose to know any other language, I would choose sign language by far. Either that or knowing French or Chinese as they are interesting languages that are commonly used.
  •  

Tossu-sama

Since Japanese is probably pretty obvious choice, I went with Korean. I'm a shameless k-pop fanboy.
But Japanese would be quite nifty to know, too.

Then again, English is already a foreign language to me. :P Plus I'm supposed to know Swedish but... yeah. I've forgotten majority of it.

Oh yeah, I also tried learning Skyrim's dragon language. |D It was kinda hard because the vocabulary is lacking so many words.
  •  

Carlota

Oooo. I love languages and linguistics. :)

I am fluent in English and Spanish (my dad had a zero English policy at home).  I took a semester long course in college and learn a bit of portuguese. It is a beautiful language. I'd love to learn it. Very similar to Spanish. I also looove seeing my telenovelas (soaps)from Brazil.

I'd also love to learn arabic, maybe the kind spoken in Jordan, Syria, or Israel.
La conciencia es, a la vez, testigo fiscal y juez.

Consciousness is, at the same time, witness, prosecutor, and judge.
  •  

DriftingCrow

I am currently learning the Eastern dialect of Arabic, and Punjabi. I'd love to learn Navajo.
ਮਨਿ ਜੀਤੈ ਜਗੁ ਜੀਤੁ
  •