Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

future children no transition?

Started by Emily1996, May 21, 2014, 04:10:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emily1996

Hello everybody, I can't stop thinking about the fact that if I would start transitioning and be on hormones then I would become sterile and not be able to have biological children, which I really want badly, don't get me wrong I want to adopt too, but I want to be able to go both paths, and now I'm 18 and I was planning on starting a job as soon as possible to be able to conceive a child, then sperm bank (for future) and then be on hrt... But I am afraid that it will take too much time and I know that you don't have much effects when you transition as you get older... Then in case I met someone special after transition I was planning on adopting... I know it's weird to think about family so early since I'm just 18 but being a mom is my dream... Is it stupid?

So in case I decide so, how are some ways I can feminize myself without the use of hormones?
  •  

Ms Grace

Hi Emily
I think you might be getting way ahead of yourself. You will most likely need to discuss your gender issues with a counsellor before you can move forward with HRT. But yes, you would do best to bank your sperm before starting hormones if you want to try for children with a partner one day.

You're only 18, this gives you plenty of breathing space before starting HRT so don't pressure yourself before you are ready. I'd suggest get that job, see a counsellor and get your sperm banked, then you will be well set up for any future transition and parenthood.
Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

HoneyStrums

I don't think your getting ahead of yourself (too much), it is good that your thinking about this now, its thinking about future children that caused you to pay attention to the sterilising affect of hormoans. I have already seen someone who overlooked the sterilising affect of hormoans, I'm glad you haven't. As grace said bring this up with a gender therapist and they will be able to go through all the possibilities available with you.

Clothes hair, and if you can be bothered with the fuss (I cant) make-up, and moisturisers. Will all help. Suitable clothing and hair can make a huge difference. Your should definatelly bank some swimmer regardless.

Hope this helps
  •  

LordKAT

Age doesn't make as big a difference any some claim when it comes to results. Younger is better but, if you really want biological kids, removing face hair, wardrobe, etc, are all things that can be done without HRT.
  •