Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Another (Future) YESON Gal - Voice Feminization Surgery booked for 16th June

Started by Gigi_J, March 27, 2014, 02:45:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teslagirl

Yeson have a great new web site (new to me anyhow) and they have a section on botox.
They say:

"The injection of botulinum toxin (Botox) is currently the most effective treatment (for dysphonia)  However, this is a temporary treatment which improves the voice for a period of three to six months after which the voice symptoms gradually return. The treatment requires continual injections to maintain a good speaking voice."

So it looks like you don't actually need botox after VFS because it's temporary. It probably offers a short term fix for post-surgery roughness in the quality of the voice, but you'd need regular injections (!) to maintain the effect (and even then it becomes less effective over time). There is a picture of the injection taking place, and it does not look fun: http://www.yesonvc.net/disease/spasmodic_clinic_05.asp.

Do you think I'd get away with not having it?

•  

anjaq

From what I have heard now it seems that it has two effects in VFS - it makes the voice better for some months during recovery, so you can after the 1-2 months of voice rest sound good again and people will not say that you got worse. It gives a good voice, a good feeling and enables a normal interaction in daily life. As it wears off this effect has to be kept up with medication and then later with voice exercises until hopefully no additional intervention is needed? The other effect seems to be that using the voice while it is not in a relaxed state early on, it can damage the voice. My voice doctor explained to me that generally if there is hypertension or assymetry occuring and the voice is too forced, the vocal folds will "smash together" instead of gently touching. So I gues this is also why botox is given, so you dont tend to do this sort of thing. Apparently I did this in the past and the solution was to do voice rehab but with VFS you need to wait for some months until you can do that, so that is probably why they bridge that gap with botox and medication.
Thats how I think about it at least.

Amy got away without Botox. Her way to get this was to concentrate on really doing clear and nice sounds during the voice examination to avoid jitter and vibrato or "vocal tremor". If you can make a very clean sound, I think they can skip Botox as it means you can use your voice in a soft way that does not do any damage. I can imagine to have good voice training before that focussed on relaxation and also to have some sort of singing experience might help. My voice analyst told me last week that I have an excellent low jitter and voice health index now, so I guess I would have some chance there ;)

Oh and I think Jenny or Sarah was told to get regular Botox injections later on, but I dont think they went ahead with it and it still seems good.

•  

Livvykins

Hey everyone!

Time is going so quickly...

Here's my 3 month post op vid :)

You can only lie about who you are for so long without going crazy

Full time: Early 2013
HRT: 10/06/2012 Richard Curtis - London
FFS: 05/04/2013 FacialTeam - Marbella
FFS2: 03/02/2015 FacialTeam - Marbella
GCS: 08/04/2014 Dr Phil Thomas - Brighton
VFS: 25/06/2014 Yeson - Seoul Korea
BA/FFS3: 18/04/2016 Ocean Clinic - Marbella
  •  

anjaq

It really is amazing :) - And seriously, it does not sound the slightest bit male. ;)

•  

Teslagirl

Quote from: Livvykins on September 29, 2014, 06:08:03 PM
Hey everyone!

Time is going so quickly...

Here's my 3 month post op vid :)

You sound so naturally female! Have you tried singing since the surgery?

ps: That's a lot of guitars...
  •