Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

VFS at Yeson Booked for March 18th

Started by jenn90210, January 28, 2014, 02:02:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sarahb

If you had the surgery on the 18th, that means you're likely going back home today or in the next couple of days, right? Good luck with your recovery Jenn. Keep us updated on your progress.
  •  

margaux29

The best for your recovery. thank you for sharing your trip to Yeson
  •  

Gigi_J

I've just booked myself in for surgery at Yeson in June so look forward to hearing more from you about your experience and how you're getting on...good luck with your recovery Jenn!!
  •  

jenn90210

Quote from: anjaq on March 20, 2014, 05:12:47 AM
I take it all went well then , Jenn? :) - Hope you are doing well and are able to keep the instructions and we will look forward at your healing progress reports and your recordings afterwards :) All the best!

Quote from: SarahR on March 26, 2014, 06:02:24 PM
If you had the surgery on the 18th, that means you're likely going back home today or in the next couple of days, right? Good luck with your recovery Jenn. Keep us updated on your progress.

Quote from: margaux29 on March 26, 2014, 06:55:23 PM
The best for your recovery. thank you for sharing your trip to Yeson

thank you so much girls. everything went well, i also had to get the botox injection for my tremor.
and i got home 2 days ago. i had an amazing time in Seoul, Jessie and Dr. Kim are amazing. loved it there, i didn't wanna leave.
it totally sucks to be unable to speak, i can't wait till i can talk again.

HRT - April 16, 2012
Full Time - January 8, 2013
BA & Body Feminization - Dr. Suarez - Oct 5, 2013
VFS - Dr. Kim - March 18, 2014

FFS - Dr. DiMaggio - December 11, 2014
  •  

jenn90210

Quote from: Gigi_J on March 27, 2014, 04:46:33 PM
I've just booked myself in for surgery at Yeson in June so look forward to hearing more from you about your experience and how you're getting on...good luck with your recovery Jenn!!

congrats!!! i hope everything goes well. i will keep you guys updated for sure ;)

HRT - April 16, 2012

•  

jenn90210

so today i'm officially 2 weeks post op. i haven't had any pain or complications so far. i try to avoid talking at all costs but sometimes i end up whispering which i know i'm not supposed to do, but it's too hard to resist some times.

i tried saying a few words a couple days ago and i recorded them, but i'm so freaked out because i sound pretty much the same if not worse. i'd really appreciate if somebody could tell me if this is normal, i remember Sarah's recordings at 2 weeks post op and she sounded great.

thanks

HRT - April 16, 2012

•  

anjaq

did you compare the recordings to a pre-op recording? I guess after just 2 weeks you may still just have that botox and all that. Did Jenny and Sarah also get Botox, I think Jenny at least did, but she did a rather nice recording within the first month but she said it was done in a very soft and silent voice. Maybe try a recoding not speaking too loud for now?

•  

jenn90210

Quote from: anjaq on March 31, 2014, 08:53:45 AM
did you compare the recordings to a pre-op recording? I guess after just 2 weeks you may still just have that botox and all that. Did Jenny and Sarah also get Botox, I think Jenny at least did, but she did a rather nice recording within the first month but she said it was done in a very soft and silent voice. Maybe try a recoding not speaking too loud for now?

yah i think both of them had botox as well. i didn't compare them but i can just tell.
it wasn't too loud, i think it was in a normal tone.

HRT - April 16, 2012

•  

anjaq

Did you speak in an elevated voice regularly pre-op? If so, could it be that you are speaking at a similar pitch now but that it comes out without elevating your voice? Anyways - don't try to hard, let it rest for now. Just a thought - as I understood it, Sarah was using an elevated voice for years before the surgery and basically her pitch shift was not that much but the main benefit was that she now does not have to raise her pitch by using muscles and thinking about it. Compared to the non-trained "natural"/physiological pitch, it is however an elevation. Did you compare your voice now with the untrained version pre-op?

•  

jenn90210

Quote from: anjaq on April 01, 2014, 08:52:01 AM
Did you speak in an elevated voice regularly pre-op? If so, could it be that you are speaking at a similar pitch now but that it comes out without elevating your voice? Anyways - don't try to hard, let it rest for now. Just a thought - as I understood it, Sarah was using an elevated voice for years before the surgery and basically her pitch shift was not that much but the main benefit was that she now does not have to raise her pitch by using muscles and thinking about it. Compared to the non-trained "natural"/physiological pitch, it is however an elevation. Did you compare your voice now with the untrained version pre-op?

yah as long as i was in public.  but yah, you are totally right, i just have to be patient and give it time.

HRT - April 16, 2012

•  

Jennygirl

Don't worry Jenn! This is really common. I think Abby experienced that, too. It's probably a combination of botox and swelling from healing. Jessie told me early on that some people's voices start high or low and eventually settle over the first two months.

I'm sure you have nothing to worry about! Just keep being super easy on your voice! The more you whisper/talk right now the longer it will take to heal. Best just to rest up those vocal membranes :)
  •  

jenn90210

Quote from: Jennygirl on April 02, 2014, 06:42:06 PM
Don't worry Jenn! This is really common. I think Abby experienced that, too. It's probably a combination of botox and swelling from healing. Jessie told me early on that some people's voices start high or low and eventually settle over the first two months.

I'm sure you have nothing to worry about! Just keep being super easy on your voice! The more you whisper/talk right now the longer it will take to heal. Best just to rest up those vocal membranes :)

thanks jenny!  you guys have been a great support  :)

HRT - April 16, 2012

•  

Jmtl

Hi jenn!!!

Congrats on your operation! :) its been a fews weeks now.. Is your new voice comin along great. Any update? :) im doin mine in june and i cant wait!! :) thanks to all the girls here, specially jenny and sarah.
:)
"Positive Vibes" :angel: :angel: :D :-*
  •  

ElleA

I'd love to hear more too Jenn. How's your recovery and pitch coming now?
  •