Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Pre-HRT Development

Started by Aurelia, July 09, 2007, 03:56:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChildOfTheLight

Quote from: Rachael on July 16, 2007, 11:21:21 AM
Quote from: Hidari on July 13, 2007, 01:44:40 PM
Oh Rachael, were you born pessimistic?

No, just realistic
also, i happen to be a scientist, and know what is possible and what is not. we have discussed what might cause this. simply realising your a girl, and wanting to change, sadly, does nothing

The ways in which the brain can affect the body (and the body the brain) are not well understood.  We know just enough to know that we don't know enough.  The fact that the placebo effect even exists should at least give you some doubt.

Also, I would say that good scientists should never be dogmatic.
  •  

Aurelia

No, just realistic
also, i happen to be a scientist, and know what is possible and what is not. we have discussed what might cause this. simply realising your a girl, and wanting to change, sadly, does nothing
Quote from: Hidari on July 12, 2007, 09:51:46 AM
Quote from: Rachael on July 12, 2007, 09:32:44 AMnot just by willing it to happen, and 'knowing about your gid'
Quote from: Hidari on July 12, 2007, 06:59:32 AMI was suggesting that I have a high level of oestrogen, and therefore feel like a girl, and have physical changes.
So I mean the reason why I feel like a girl could be the same reason as small developments.
Now, I'm not the whole way through puberty yet, which makes changes possible. The fact that small changes have happened, as I wrote in my first post, is a sure sign that something has changed. Now, my body is feminine - a small waist, wider hips than usual, etc.
I mean, there is the possibility that gaining weight (which I think I may have) has increased fat on my chest and hips (and nowhere else). I don't know if that's possible without changes, though, so naturally I'm at a loss.
Having to repeatedly quote this is becoming tiresome. Can you read what I wrote before replying? I am not saying that knowing that I have GID has caused development. I am saying that GID may be caused by the same thing that is causing development. Does that make sense? I can probably simplify it a bit more for you if you want.

Cause A (oestrogen) --> Effect A (GID) & Effect B (development)

Understand? Because, honestly, if you're a scientist, you should at least attempt to understand what I'm saying before commenting on it.

Anyway, I've lost interest in this.
Comment if you want to anyway.
  •  

Rachael

so your saying you  might be IS?

and running off when your loosing aint a good way to discuss...
  •  

The Middle Way

No, just realistic

Wow. No. That something is beyond your experience and your theoretical grasp does not equal something that can't happen. The mind can do wonders. There are in fact scientific, sound techniques that might be too esoteric to go into here, but I can assure you I have seen measurable physical changes, that include healing trauma (that do not come out of standard AMA practices, or be necessarily described in the texts you might be versed in), that stem from these practices and their acceleration of the body's amazing natural potential for growth.

•  

Lucy

Quote from: Rachael on July 19, 2007, 05:03:07 PM
so your saying you  might be IS?

and running off when your loosing aint a good way to discuss...

So who is it that it is that you think may be running away?

Some times its easier to think that you might be IS just to awnser WHY. But it is very unlikley that we are, surley you would have known and noticed the differences by now.

blar blar blar....
  •  

Rachael

well there is a by percentage higher number of IS people within the Trans community as it CAN lead to dysphoric feelings regarding ones physical gender. Intersex is a more broad category than we allow for. as there are 52 genes that together make up a persons sex, and no one person is entirely male or female, its what makes us different. If we fight to suggest that being TS ISNT a mental illness, and claim its medical, surely if its medical it must be in some way physical, and thus an is related condition? anyway enough blabbering

and none of the above: dont tell me no, the body doesnt magically grow a third arm because it really wants to.... there are things we dont know, but magically swapping gender isnt one of them...
  •