Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Re-introducing myself....

Started by Valerie, July 18, 2007, 08:17:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valerie

Greetings, all.....I created my account nearly 2 years ago but over the past several months have hardly been on the site.  Thought I'd say a quick hello since there are so many new people now....new to me, anyway. 

Name's Valerie, a TG-friendly GG in Florida. 

For the buddies I made during my last Susan's run, I don't wanna' say that I'm totally back, but I do still think of you & will be popping in from time to time.   

Glad I was saved from The Great Purge, Susan   ;)

Valerie
  •  

Sarah Louise

Welcome back Valerie, I look forward to your input.

Sarah L.
Nameless here for evermore!;  Merely this, and nothing more;
Tis the wind and nothing more!;  Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore!!"
  •  

Dennis

Welcome back Valerie. I wondered where you'd got to :)

Dennis
  •  

HelenW

I'm very happy you've returned, Valerie!  I've missed reading your posts.

hugs & smiles
Emelye
FKA: Emelye

Pronouns: she/her

My rarely updated blog: http://emelyes-kitchen.blogspot.com

Southwestern New York trans support: http://www.southerntiertrans.org/
  •  

Valerie

Thanks, all.   It's been a rollercoaster year with a lot of dips punctuated by an occasional high.  I quit school in October because I just couldn't manage two classes plus work (not even part time), and also because a dear Friend was in & out of the hospital & I wanted to be with him as much as possible...not to mention the fact that I have no clue what I wanna' do with the rest of my life. 

Friend went in the hospital December 5 & for 2 months straight I was there nearly every day....up to & including the day he passed.  I've never really watched anyone die before.  I won't willingly do so again, except for a small group of my elite, if their time comes before mine. 

In the meantime, I've made an amazing Friend in my original Friend's former partner....and oddly, I have a better relationship with him than I did the original.  This person means more to me than anything, but lives in Georgia, so while we talk almost every day, it hurts not to be able to spend time together.

I more recently quit my job at the blasted cable company & am now working customer service at hospice.  All the hospice referrals for 16 counties come through our office, so it's really fast paced.  I don't get as much contact with patient's & families as I'd like, but maybe this job will help me to see if some sort of care for the dying is in my future. 

My apartment is still a hell hole & depression is still an issue.  I feel as though I've lost some of my ability to handle my day to day affairs.  So, while I've missed everyone, my time spent here won't be as pronounced as it once was.   

Thanks for the re-welcome, means a lot to me....

Valerie
  •