Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Charlie Chaplin and 4/20

Started by Miyah48, April 20, 2014, 03:03:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miyah48

note: a quote from charlie chaplins the great dictator. And what i want to say to others about drugs/ addiction. **remember the soldier is you in this speech. the brutes and men are the drugs/addiction.

Soldiers! don't give yourselves to brutes - men who despise you - enslave you - who regiment your lives - tell you what to do - what to think and what to feel! Who drill you - diet you - treat you like cattle, use you as cannon fodder. Don't give yourselves to these unnatural men - machine men with machine minds and machine hearts! You are not machines! You are not cattle! You are men/women! You have the love of humanity in your hearts! You don't hate! Only the unloved hate - the unloved and the unnatural! Soldiers! Don't fight for slavery! Fight for liberty!

another 4/20 will be long gone soon enough. Three of them have passed since i stopped using amphetamines and smoking. Through all the pain, misery, shame, and guilt I feel better. The pain made me stronger. It made me a little rough around the edges in some ways. But it also made me softer, kind, and more gentle in others. I feel emotions again. I feel them strongly and not only do i feel them i live and use them to help me in my life. On drugs I was a machine. I am human now.

-Miyah
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication
  •  

JulieBlair

Miyah,
Recovery from chemical enslavement is a cause for celebration.  The roughness you refer to is the reality of the street, the softness the blossoming of your soul.  Congratulations on your birthday! I hope you have many more one day at a time.

Thanks for sharing,
Julie
I am my own best friend and my own worst enemy.  :D
Full Time 18 June 2014
Esprit can be found at http://espritconf.com/
  •  

Vicky

A wonderful Higher Powered birthday to you and hopes for more.  Indeed our chemicals were our slave masters and whips of fury.  My sobriety opened up my real problem which booze and pills masked and hid worst of all from me!!  It is our path to victory and ownership of our own lives, for me the number is 10/10/8 and this is my second recovery and escape from hell!!
I refuse to have a war of wits with a half armed opponent!!

Wiser now about Post Op reality!!
  •