Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Buddies List Glitching

Started by Carrie Liz, January 03, 2014, 08:05:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carrie Liz

Just a bit confused as to what's going on with the Buddies List feature of the site, whether there's a glitch or something.

I just tried to add someone to my buddies list, but when I clicked the icon under their post, it deleted all of my other buddies that were already there, and the new buddy that I just clicked was the only one left. Can someone look into this?
  •  

DriftingCrow

I think FA said there was some issues with the software so buddies got temporarily shut off while they're fixing it.
ਮਨਿ ਜੀਤੈ ਜਗੁ ਜੀਤੁ
  •  

Pia Bianca

I just have the same issue. Is there a fix being prepared? Is there a timeline yet until when a fix will be available?
  •  

Jill F

I'm not into the buddies list just as I am not into using a reputation system that means much different things to different people.

As far as I'm concerned, you are all my buddies.  It was just much easier to add nobody instead of everyone!

+1 to all my buddies...  ;)

•  

Jessica Merriman

Quote from: Jill F on February 01, 2014, 07:57:15 PM
As far as I'm concerned, you are all my buddies. 
Well said Jill! :)
  •  

LordKAT

The buddy list doesn't mean or do anything.
  •  

Carrie Liz

Yes it does... it lets you click on people's names so that you can go right to their profiles and see what posts they've made recently, rather than having to either use the search feature or the members list, both of which are a pain in the butt.
  •  

LordKAT

Hmm, guess I don't really do that either. Maybe I post too much but I just find a post and do it that way.

Thanks for the something I learned today topic since I didn't know that before.
  •  

Sephirah

From what I can tell, by delving into the SMF literature and community, the glitch with the buddy system is not a glitch. It's an unwanted side effect, and currently hardwired into the system.

The Buddy List feature is currently disabled due to a problem with the Ignore List which is tied in with it. As of yet there is no software solution to the issue with the Ignore List, so for now the Buddy List is staying disabled until we can figure out a workaround.

Sorry for any inconvenience. When we know more, you'll know more. :)
Natura nihil frustra facit.
  •  

LJP

Be the change you wish to see in the world
  •  

Pia Bianca

Quote from: Sephirah on February 01, 2014, 09:05:42 PM
From what I can tell, by delving into the SMF literature and community, the glitch with the buddy system is not a glitch. It's an unwanted side effect, and currently hardwired into the system.

So it is a problem out of scope for you to solve. Then let's just wait for the people able to solve it... hmm... solve it.
  •  

JesseG

Thanks for posting this all - I've been perplexed as to why I can only have one buddy - anything +1 wipes out my previous buddy.
I'll add my name and say that yes, I use the buddy list and I'd like to put a few more people on it.

Oh forum goddesses, I shall sacrifice a waffle tonight in hopes that it brings a speedy recovery to this feature! :D
It's almost everything I need.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do." - Mark Twain
  •  

Evienne

my buddy list is not working completely. Every time I click on "add some buddy" it just brings me back to the top of my page. It's been doing this for...well, always.:/
Idk how to fix that
I hereby sign this message to the understanding that it is what I said. You, the viewer, thus adhere to the adhering of this message to have been adhered.

Ticking Time bomb: 533 days
  •