Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

I lost the love of my life

Started by mowdan6, April 17, 2014, 03:33:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mowdan6

Lost my 14 year old dog a few days ago.  Scoff if you must, but this little guy was the only family and only friend I had.  Losing him was the hardest thing I have ever done.  And I have felt lost ever since.  I know most want to say...it's just a dog.  But that dog was all I had.  And I feel lost.
  •  

Nero

Oh god. Nobody hate on me, but I was actually hoping this was a person rather than your dog.  :'(
I'm so sorry. Can't imagine how I'd feel. I'm here if you want to talk.
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

suzifrommd

Quote from: mowdan6 on April 17, 2014, 03:33:47 PM
Lost my 14 year old dog a few days ago.  Scoff if you must, but this little guy was the only family and only friend I had.  Losing him was the hardest thing I have ever done.  And I have felt lost ever since.  I know most want to say...it's just a dog.  But that dog was all I had.  And I feel lost.

I'm so sorry. Very painful.

All I can suggest is to pray for acceptance (if you're like me and not sure about God, pray to your inner strength) and to be able to appreciate having a wonderful friend for so long.

Hang in there. Love is what makes us human.
Have you read my short story The Eve of Triumph?
  •  

f_Anna_tastic

Losing a friend,  dog or otherwise is always hard.  All you can do us treasure that friendship and know as he passed that his life was awesome and that he had you as a friend.

"What do you fear, lady?" he asked.
"A cage," she said. "To stay behind bars until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire."
                                                                                     ― The Return of the King
  •  

Miss_Bungle1991

I totally understand where you are coming from. I grew up with many pets (mostly dogs but I had a few other species as well), so I can relate to that. I haven't owned any pets since I moved out because I live in an apartment and even though I could have a dog, I don't want one. I believe they need room to roam and you don't have that space in an upstairs apartment.

My mom had one of her dogs pass away a couple of years ago and even though she wasn't my dog, I still cried my eyes out as if she were my pet.
  •  

mowdan6

Hey FA.  Yea. It would be easier if it was a person.  This little guy was my heart.  My family, my only friend.  I am so lost without him.  This little guy only wanted me.  If he was sleeping sound and I went to the bathroom, I would turn around and he was right there.  I have this picture I posted of him on my frig.  I look at it every day and say.."I..You.. always and forever,"
  •  

sad panda

Oh my god, that's awful. :( you must be hurting so bad right now. Animal or human, losing someone special to you is just the type of thing that nobody wants to be real. I hope it was peaceful for him and that those 14 years were full of special memories.
  •  

King Malachite

-HUGS-  I'm so sorry, mowdan6....
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

TerriT

Losing your pet is heart breaking. It hurts so much. I still haven't really gotten over mine. I'm so sorry for what you're going through and the pain you have to deal with.
  •  

JenSquid

I'm sorry to hear about your dog. Dog or human, they're still a loved one, and their death still hurts. It took me a long time to get over the death of mine. You have my sympathy.
  •  

Cindy

Hugs Honey, I do understand first hand of your pain.
  •  

TRyan

I completely understand. It's just heartbreaking---even beyond heartbreaking. I've been there too. Hang on.....and big hugs to you....
  •  

Kimberley Beauregard

I'm sorry to hear about that.  Losing a pet sucks.
- Kim
  •  

mowdan6

I want to thank you all for your kind words.  I still struggle with losing this love of my life.  He was my heart and I know it will take me a long time to get on with my life.  Thank you all.
  •  

JamesG

I cried for days when my dumb, lazy, fat, old cat died (not quietly). It is amazing how much emotional energy you can have tied up in a pet...

Luckily time heals all wounds. 
  •