Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Corsets and tightlacing

Started by Betty_boo, February 26, 2014, 03:03:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Betty_boo

In my complex and stressful life I've often been closely involved with corsets.  I've worked in theater /movies in costuming and often worn them myself.

I've put men and women into corsets and the range of reactions is interesting – from "can't breathe" to "oooooh lovely".  If you have worn corsets more than a few times you will understand!

I've found there are 2 impressions on wearing a corset

Physical – better figure, improved posture, more ladylike walking and movements

Mental – sometimes feeling very sexy, very aware, and often a feeling of being superior to those without corsets.

It's not easy wearing a corset, and people sometimes give up too early. 

How do you feel in your corset?

Betty
  •  

Jill F

Never worn one, but hey... Umm, willing to try?

I've stuffed my wife into them before and I noticed she felt/got sexier. 
  •  

barbie

I once purchased it about 8 years ago for curiosity, and have never worn it ever. It seemed to suffocate me.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Betty_boo

Hello Barbie

Yes, a corset can give the impression of suffocation!  One point is that corsets have not been everyday mainstream wear since the 1960s or so, so we are familiar with having our breathing patterns changed.  I say "changed" because you can breathe in a corset even if very tightly laced, but you need to change your breathing, and accept what the corset is doing to you, and accept the change in movement and posture.

Why not try it again, gently, and avoid doing any thing wild when you first wear it.

Betty
  •  

Jessica Merriman

I absolutely love mine! It is doing great work on my figure and reshaping the lower ribs. Yes, definitely sexy! :)
  •  

barbie

Quote from: Betty_boo on February 26, 2014, 06:33:22 AM
One point is that corsets have not been everyday mainstream wear since the 1960s or so, so we are familiar with having our breathing patterns changed. 

Yes, Betty. I also think that is one reason why nowadays most women no longer wear corsets. Since the 1960s, women have increasingly exposed their body. They no longer can hide their corsets or other underwear. In winter, women tend to wear very tight tops.

In summer, I can sometimes stroll in the park with a sport bra as the only top, but without breast form.

In winter, I usually wear very tight tops, and I guess wearing corset will just make my waist look thicker.

To hide corset, I have to wear more.

barbie~~

Just do it.
  •  

Melissa_fox

I love wearing mine for a couple hours at a time. Makes such a difference in my shape. Also feels really sexy.
  •  

swatch

This is ok, I guess.
  •  

Sttefanne Camp

Hummm  :eusa_think: ... Interesting this Thread...

Well .. here in Brazil, I see a growing opinion in using corset ... however, the marks / more traditional manufacturers always possessed a high cost ... and this was problematic, as many crosses, because their wives do not know their crossdressing, had to dispose of their belongings (often throwing out the trash  :embarrassed:).

I see that, for those who use, shows an image of "can not breathe", however, the vision of the correct posture and acquired forms, are attributes that encourage other girls ... even today that the acquisition cost reduced  :eusa_dance:...

Certainly, this topic will still be very useful for us  :icon_blahblah:...

Kimberley Beauregard

I already have a slightly feminine shape.  I just wear a corset to keep my belly flat, that's about it.
- Kim
  •  

Dani Davis

I had a steel boned corset for a few years but only wore it on a few occasions before my last purge.  I may have to get another one me thinks.  I did like the added bit of shape it tended to give.
There are few limits - just unexplored options.
Mariette Pathy Allen
Author of Transformations
  •  

Katy

I've never had success getting one that fit me properly.  The first one I purchased was a large.  Huge would have been a better description.  It was big enough for two of me.  I sent it back.  With that experience in mind, my next try was for a medium, but from a different company.  It was so small I couldn't even get into it.  I'm not sure what to do next time round, if indeed there is another attempt.  Sheesh....
  •  

antonia

I love mine but I don't get to wear it too often since I always bike to work and even though I have biked in my corset it's not practical.

The one thing I will say is get a custom made steel boned corset, unless you are lucky and have a feminine hour glass figure the off the shelves ones will not fit you, are miserable to wear and won't look all that great.

I also like having the boning on the inside so people can't tell that I'm wearing it, as shown here:

I was really lucky cause I have a great corsettress right here in Toronto: http://www.lovesickcorrectiveapparel.com/corset/corset.html
  •  

Katy

Thanks, Antonia!  I'm sure you are right about getting a professional fitting to insure the corset will actually do its thing.  Like so many other things, you get what you pay for.  I paid little and got virtually nothing in return.
  •  

Sttefanne Camp

Antonia, It was good forms when using the corset  :laugh: ... I believe this is the result we all hope, when we use this piece.

You touched on something interesting, which is a way to contact the manufacturer for the possibility of getting a product that does not hurt our body and that will meet our expectations  :D ...

TheQuestion

I'm going to start transitioning soon.  My waist is pretty decent, but I do plan on committing fully to tight lacing full time for a few years as part of my transition.  Hoping to reshape my lower ribs a bit.  I'll probably still wear it after I'm fully transitioned in 3-4 years, just not as often.
  •  

antonia

There is a lot of misinformation floating around the internet when it comes to corsets, I think the primary concern is always safety and secondary concern is comfort. I've had the experience of wearing an ill fitting corset for a night only to have it pinch a nerve and the front of my thigh was numb for a week, that's when I realized how important it is to be comfortable because if you are comfortable you are usually safe.

Quote from: Sttefanne Camp on July 15, 2014, 07:57:31 AM
Antonia, It was good forms when using the corset  :laugh: ... I believe this is the result we all hope, when we use this piece.

You touched on something interesting, which is a way to contact the manufacturer for the possibility of getting a product that does not hurt our body and that will meet our expectations  :D ...

•  

Evienne

I never actually wore one, but i've always wanted to at least try.
It's just supplies are not easily found of those around my place of living, and especially since you have to be really careful with getting the correct size, it just makes it more difficult:/
I hereby sign this message to the understanding that it is what I said. You, the viewer, thus adhere to the adhering of this message to have been adhered.

Ticking Time bomb: 533 days
  •  

Sttefanne Camp

Quote from: antonia on July 15, 2014, 11:41:18 PM
There is a lot of misinformation floating around the internet when it comes to corsets, I think the primary concern is always safety and secondary concern is comfort. I've had the experience of wearing an ill fitting corset for a night only to have it pinch a nerve and the front of my thigh was numb for a week, that's when I realized how important it is to be comfortable because if you are comfortable you are usually safe.

Great observation, Antonia...
Any time you worry about clothes and other accessories, due to different anatomies between male and female:

Through the above figures, we can see the differences in the bone structure of cis people. I honestly do not think it will change significantly with hormones, however, are parameters to be observed  :icon_confused2:.

Given this fact, the anatomical differences, joining with my concern regarding health, I am in contact with a corset maker, to come meet me and crosses that need a product tailored  :icon_female:...

So, I see that what happened with Antonia, is a concern to all, that goes beyond appearance and aesthetics  :eusa_shifty:...

awilliams1701

Its strange I got this correlation in my head that the harder it was foe me to breathe and the more pain there was made me feel sexier. Interestingly enough the ones I bought are now too big to cause that much pain and discomfort. I don't know how much weight I lost, but I'm under 200lbs for the first time in years.
Ashley
  •