Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Australian Story

Started by Jenny07, February 24, 2014, 01:57:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenny07

Tonight Australian story features Cate McGregor on Auntie for those who don't know.

Jen
So long and thanks for all the fish
  •  

Ms Grace

Thanks Jen... I'm going to see her and Chaz Bono speak on Wednesday, wonder if I should watch this before or after, hmmmm
Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

Cindy

Hope to have her at the conference!
  •  

Ms Grace

Soooo... how long until we get some deets on this conference? I'm dying to know! ;D
Grace
  •  

Cindy

www.anzpath.org

It's functional but I'm updating on friday with the web designers.
  •  

Ms Grace

Cool, I'll keep my diary free!
Grace
  •  

Jenny07

So long and thanks for all the fish
  •  

helen2010

Ditto.

Jen many thanks for the alert.  A very good program and a very impressive person.  Not very often that a TS life story is aired on national television much less with the Prime Minister of the day and the Chief of Army speaking to their character and integrity.

Watched it with my SO.  Very powerful stuff.  Of course being non binary this will lead to the normal discussion "but if you are tg then surely this means you wish to transition and that means we have no future"!

In spite of this bump in the road this was a seriously good show and very positive coverage for our community, binary or not.

Safe travels.

Aisla
  •  

Ms Grace

The good thing is that I'm pretty sure that my folks watch this show semi-religiously. Doesn't mean they agree with everything they see in it but watching those different stories and perspectives has opened their minds somewhat, hopefully they did catch Cate's story and it will soften them up for what's coming in 120 days time...
Grace
  •  

helen2010

Ms Grace

The more positive and sympathetic coverage that the media gives to our community the better.  Here's hoping that you do benefit from this program.

My SO was quite pensive after the show so it certainly caused her to think and to consider Cate's successful transition, acceptance and ongoing need for her SO.

Aisla
  •  

@Diana

just watched her on youtube, she's AWESOME !
  •