Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Detransitioning

Started by Gwen Brown, April 04, 2014, 12:13:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwen Brown

Hello: I am new here but have been over at BCST for 7 years. I had SRS in 2007, and have been mostly happy since. In a final effort to re-connect with my family, I plan to do a trial run this summer for about 2-3 weeks living as a Man with a view of permanently detransitioning. Though, I am not having my breasts cut off and will continue with female hormones.  I can still pull out my very deep voice, and go back to pretending to be a man.

As you might suspect, not one single person is supportive of my idea, and some suspect that I might do suicide as a result. To prove how well thought out my idea is, I will take a suitcase with male clothing, and a suitcase with some female clothing.  I can appreciate that in a few days, I could well give in and resume a proper womans life in the midst of gallons of tears. However I must answer this question once and all for my own peace of mind.

I was quite surprised and gratified to find a very nice Wiki article on the internet on the subject and produced by the folks on this web site. The primary reason for my coming here was to express my gratitude for your work, and say thank you very much. Should anyone wish to reply, you may email me or simply PM me from Big Closet Top Shelf.  :)

Much peace

Gwen
  •  

HelenW

Hullo Gwen, it's nice to see you here!

I hope your experiment proves to you what you want it to.  I can't imagine ever going back to living what, for me, was a huge lie.  Your experience, of course, could prove different from what I imagine mine would be like.  It's vital that we be true to our real selves.  I think that's why we transitioned in the first place yet we should realize that who we are may just be subject to enough change that a new transition is the best path forward.

I wish you the best of luck this summer and hope you family accepts this attempt to reconnect.

hugs & smiles,
Helen
FKA: Emelye

Pronouns: she/her

My rarely updated blog: http://emelyes-kitchen.blogspot.com

Southwestern New York trans support: http://www.southerntiertrans.org/
  •  

Bimmer Guy

I would suggest that a more realistic "experiment" as to how life would feel for you as a man would be at home, where your life REALLY is. It is at home where your new life as male will be. I'm aware you may not be able to present fully male outside your house, however.  But, if there is some way you can experience what life would feel like as a male in daily life, it might be a better indicator of how happy you could be living male.
Top Surgery: 10/10/13 (Garramone)
Testosterone: 9/9/14
Hysto: 10/1/15
Stage 1 Meta: 3/2/16 (including UL, Vaginectomy, Scrotoplasty), (Crane, CA)
Stage 2 Meta: 11/11/16 Testicular implants, phallus and scrotum repositioning, v-nectomy revision.  Additional: Lipo on sides of chest. (Crane, TX)
Fistula Repair 12/21/17 (UPenn Hospital,unsuccessful)
Fistula Repair 6/7/18 (Nikolavsky, successful)
Revision: 1/11/19 Replacement of eroded testicle,  mons resection, cosmetic work on scrotum (Crane, TX)

•