Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

How to take good pictures?

Started by Mermaid, April 28, 2014, 12:33:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mermaid

Alright, I'm kind of tired of looking hideous in pictures. It feels like if I take them in front of the mirror, all my features are minimized except for my eyebrows, which appear bigger and darker, my face gets paler... I don't know. I mess with my phone camera's lighting settings and frankly, like... the lights on my bathroom are yellow... in the camera they appear either white or complete orange, like there's nothing that looks authentic.

Bums me out that I more or less like what I see in the mirror, I grab my camera to take a picture and my self-esteem goes down the drain... My hair looks horrible in pictures aswell, no idea why...

Then you go online and you see pictures like...

I mean, seriously. It's obviously edited to hell... it's grainy, airbrushed, messes with the lighting to make the skin smoother, there's make-up involved... but whatever. I feel like pictures don't do me any favours, in fact, I feel they disfavour me... so I don't mind cheating. What're good tricks/tips to edit pictures? Tired of seeing ugly people outdoors and pretty people on the internet, lol. I'm uncomfortable even having a facebook or showing anyone pictures, I look that different from what I see in the mirror...

So what programs do you use? What "tricks" are there? Maybe I'm just naturally not-photogenic, dunno, but living in the age that we do, with the internet being as big as it is, it kinda sucks to be like that... so... help?

I bet even messing with the lighting on some program goes a long way...
  •  

barbie

Photos can not show perfectly the real image as we see through our two eyes. They are imperfect and essentially 2 dimensional.

There are a million ways of improving a photo. Even professional photographers use photoshop. Photoshop even can create a new image.

If you want to be honest without editing the photo at all, then taking the photo under natural (sun) light is the best way. Usually, photos taken indoors tend to distort more. Cloudy weather is better than sunny weather in taking a portrait photo.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

barbie

Watch how drastically a face changes when the light angle changes. Guess Tyra Banks was right: modeling is all about finding your light.

http://wildmag.co/POQ4Ir

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •