Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Need New Reading Material

Started by JaneNicole2013, April 17, 2014, 07:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaneNicole2013

I'm kind of burned out on what I've been reading lately and am looking for something new that goes along with my transition. Any recommendations for books or series with a strong female character? Sci-fi, fantasy, romance, or other? I picked up a mystery by Elaine Viets. Haven't read it yet but I'm looking forward to it. She actually grew up not too far away from me and I saw her at a writer's conference a few years back.

Jane
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are." -- Joseph Campbell

•  

xponentialshift

I'm always a fan of Anne McCaffrey including a lot of her non Pern related novels.
The crystal singer trilogy is good

And I really enjoyed the Petaybee trilogies.
(Power play, power lines, and powers that be) followed by the (changelings, maelstrom, deluge)

I totally forgot that there were two trilogies back to back until now... I'd been wondering how so much plot fit into just 3 books.

Note that changelings et al have to do with selkies. So that kinda resonates with transitioning.

All three trilogies have good female leads.
  •  

xponentialshift

Oh if you want a good romance novel, Finding Gaia by Kimberly Chapman. Excellent read. Sci fi fantasy and romance and amazingness.
Gotta plug the indie authors right?
Seriously it is excellent. I read it in two days would have been one but I realized romance novels aren't the best read in the workplace.
  •