Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What did you do to cope with going back or dealing with assigned gender??

Started by SailorMars1994, January 24, 2017, 09:50:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SailorMars1994

Hey all. So there is a possiblity i may have to do a 2nd detransition which i hope isnt very long. I dont post here on this childboard often so a little recap. I have had a very odd relationship with my gender idenity since i was a kid. I remember as early as 4/5 i had wishings i could be one of the girl. Granted i dont think i was dysporic at all, i had my longings.  These feelings of wanting to be on team pink still kinda lingered until about age 9, then from about 9 to age 13 or so i had no longings to be female at all. I was perfectly ok with being cemented in male-ness. I was just your quirky boy. Though, somehow when i turned 13 these feelings of dreaming to be on the girl team all came back to life again. So from 2007-2014 i dealt with all these feelings in anyway shape or form i knew how to without coming out or living much as a woman. With each year came the feelings more stronger. I had at one time (2013 area) planned to do a transition to female in 2019, when i would have been 25 and would have had a career in the military somewhat cemented. However, by the end of that year my dysporia intesifed and after some planning in spring i decided to come out one day. litterly, on May 12 2014 i am unsure what snapped me to do so, but i came out and started my social transition. Since then my life has had some serious ups and downs. The ups include a heighten sense of self, during my full time days i had a higher ambition to get things done and to do well for myself and others , i gained independence for the first time by living on my own and taking care of myself, i loved every second of it, meet some really open minded and great friends for life and most of all, the feeling of being a girl named Ashley!! or should i say, me! the downs? dealing with a lot of predjudice people, other lifes stresses that just happened (like moving 4 times within on year, including in a whole new province and having 5 different jobs in that same time) self doubt and a semi-detranstion back to full man that nearly killed me.

Heres the thing though, i have moved back from Winnipeg to this town called Petawawa. I have no way to get back to Winnipeg and i litterly can not describe how bad the job opprutnity is in this current town. From my last few jobs i could have been on average getting about 15 hours a week. its horrible. I cant live like this so i have decided to join the military. They said, they do accecpt trans people however, when i applied last year while living full time they said i needed to have the surgery first if i want to join in as a female. Since i had  break down last year and moved that surgery which should have happened this month is now years away. So i would have to join as a man. After basic is over i can come out as i wish but during basic i have to be a ''man''... and yes, the Military is very binary

The issue is, since i have been getting better with accepting myself as a woman spirit my dysporia can go down whenever i have to go in a ''man'' mode because i know as soon as i get home or with my friends i can be the real me!! i dont doubt myself half as much any more. Still, being in man mode can be very hard and i may have to play this card for 3 months to one year... 3 months without questions man mode every second of the day. How did one here do a so called detransition and coped for nessescity of living? thanks!
AMAB Born: March 1994
Gender became on radar: 2007
Admitted to self : 2010
Came out: May 12 2014
Estrogen: October 16 2015
<3
  •  

SadieBlake

🌈👭 lesbian, troublemaker ;-) 🌈🏳️‍🌈
  •  

SailorMars1994

Any pointers on how to cope? all i do is drink and pretend my issues do not exisit. Neither is really healthy. Though, i know that any situation is not ideal, i have to do something. Short term pain for long term gain. I just get gitty when i dream of having the career that can enable me to re-continue laser hair removal! i realy despise facial hair -_-
<3
  •  

Kylo

In the past I resigned myself to my "fate" as it were... that was about 10 yrs ago.

Keyword was resigned. Accepted the idea I would be unhappy and dissociated even more from my physical self. Having someone else in my life did help, I could focus on them and not on myself so much. I think it helped me to genuinely forget for a while. I started a business, picked a new career, moved to a part of the country I liked better, etc.

If you've not resigned then it'd be harder to "wait" I guess. Because you'll be thinking about it and being hopeful.

So... distractions that feel like goals or things to tick off on a list, I guess. Something that channels the desire to get what you want into some other goal for a while.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

Rachel_Christina

Its crap having to deal with it.
For me I gave myself massive goals, like importing my TT6 Supra all the way from Japan. It took so much effort and cash, It occupied all my time and mind.
And it worked and now I have begun to transition and have an awesome car for the weekends! :)

•  

Janes Groove

I would echo Kylo and say just concentrate as a hard as you can on what you are doing to distract you from what you want to be being or becoming.  If you are going into the military basic training I bet you won't have a lot of time to think about your transition like now that you have lots of idle time on your hands.   I would suggest you try your hardest to just concentrate on what you are doing and becoming as good at it as  you possibly can.  Work as hard as you can at it and volunteer for more. Anything to keep your mind quiet and on the task at hand  and the present and not on the future and what you are missing right now.   Let hard work be your prescription.  The positive side effect should be getting positive notice from your bosses and more promotions.
  •  

SailorMars1994

Thanks! i guess i am still putting peices together. If i have mental disclipline i can get past basic, and more importantly get back onto transition train. I am on one hand fearful i will bomb the whole thing due to dysporia, while on the other am more fearful i could become complacent with ''manhood'' and abadon Ashley forever. Like i said, there was about 4 years in my life i had no girl feelings (that i could remember) i just wana have a career yet also not lose her forever. I just feel overwhelmed at times ya know?
<3
  •  

SailorMars1994