Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

extra skin omg.

Started by Sophia Hawke, June 07, 2014, 12:56:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sophia Hawke

Lost so much fat and muscle and now I've got tons of extra skin.  Also everywhere there is skin there is also stretch marks from when I was big that are old.  Will any of that tighten or do I need to have it cut?
  •  

Ms Grace

Skin is fairly elastic so it should shrink back over time, but it might take a while. Might be some kind of creams that help to speed the process up. Congrats on the weight loss!
Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

barbie

Quote from: Sophia Hawke on June 07, 2014, 12:56:48 AM
Lost so much fat and muscle and now I've got tons of extra skin.  Also everywhere there is skin there is also stretch marks from when I was big that are old.  Will any of that tighten or do I need to have it cut?

Yes. It will take long time for skin to shrink, as you have decreased your fat and muscle too fast.
Except wrinkles in the neck area, those marks are not so much noticeable, and you can hide them by wearing proper clothes.

barbie~~

Just do it.
  •  

Silver Centurion

I worried about this for a long time. That losing a ton of weight would be healthier but then you end up with excess skin and get all eugh about it. If you work out to tone the skin should start to tighten up over time. Sucky thing is the slower you loose weight the easier it seems for the skin to manage. There was something about making sure that you use the creams and things to keep the skin from causing problems but it does bounce back! If you can't wait or it doesn't seem to be going anywhere yeah you'd have to see a surgeon :(
  •  

Jill F

From summer 2011 to Feb 2012, I went from 285 to 195 due to extreme diverticulitis.  I ended up very skinny, (I'm built like a tank) but the skin on my belly just hung there like a lump of pizza dough with stretch marks.  In 2+ years, the loose skin no longer hangs and the stretch marks are much less pronounced.  I still would like to lose some off the belly, but this time I'm going much more slowly.
  •  

Silver Centurion

Quote from: Jill F on June 18, 2014, 12:37:15 PM
From summer 2011 to Feb 2012, I went from 285 to 195 due to extreme diverticulitis.  I ended up very skinny, (I'm built like a tank) but the skin on my belly just hung there like a lump of pizza dough with stretch marks.  In 2+ years, the loose skin no longer hangs and the stretch marks are much less pronounced.  I still would like to lose some off the belly, but this time I'm going much more slowly.

Thanks great news that it does go away quite a bit on its own :D Also congrats on the weight loss!
  •  

Wednesday

I think it will shrink but as they said, it takes a looooong time, so be patient! Excercising, eating healthy and driking water will help you *a lot*.
"Witches were a bit like cats" - Terry Pratchett
  •  

Sophia Hawke

its gotten a little better but who knows.  I'm sure itll take like 2 years.
  •  

MrKarl35

Congratulations on the weight loss! I dropped 85lbs in 2 years and have delt with the same issue. It does get better over time, but it takes a long time. It still bothers me though, so I try and focus on the positive. My body not only looks better (even with excess skin), but it feels better too. My energy levels, health, self image, and confidence are all in a better place. Loosing weight is a big accomplishment, once again congratulations :)
  •