Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

RIP Matt Kailey

Started by Shana A, May 19, 2014, 07:42:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shana A

I just found out from his Facebook page that Matt Kailey has passed away! Matt Kailey was an author, blogger and trans man. I never met him in person, however I read and shared many of his blog posts here in our News Forum! He will be missed.
"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

•  

Jessica Merriman

Matt, thank you so much for your contributions to this community! Rest well. :(
  •  

Adam (birkin)

Oh my gosh, I have to say, I am honestly very shocked! I was just reading something from his "Ask Matt" column yesterday. I have to say, I really enjoyed his work and I think he was a wonderful educator. He will be missed. :(
  •  

Tysilio

I am so sad to hear this. I only "knew" him from his blog, but he was a fine person and a huge asset to our community.

RIP, Matt.
Never bring an umbrella to a coyote fight.
  •  

Nero

oh, loved his blog. How did he go? Does anyone know?
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

TRyan

Quote from: FA on May 19, 2014, 10:25:22 PM

I loved his blog as well and am so sorry to hear this. Someone on his facebook page indicated heart failure. 

He was a great guy and responsive to questions.
  •  

defective snowflake

Oh wow, that's a shame, I used to read his blog a lot. Hadn't been there in a bit, but he was good at sparking some discussion about various trans issues.

•  

Tysilio

Quote from: FA on May 19, 2014, 10:25:22 PM
The note on his Facebook page says heart failure, in his sleep.
Never bring an umbrella to a coyote fight.
  •  

Gina Taylor

I deeply express my condolences for the loss of a good person.  :(
Gina Marie Taylor  8)
  •  

aleon515

I very much loved his blog and his book "Just Add Hormones" (and some other writings). He helped our FB group "Trans Men over 40" get started and grow. He'll be very much missed.

--Jay
  •