Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

It's just a matter of trust

Started by immortal gypsy, May 08, 2014, 09:20:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

immortal gypsy

First forgive me I rarely make sense when I'm thinking straight :P right now I'm postictal and tired so this is going to be even more fun. Typos and all

During therapy I was told I had trust issues, this is now surprise I have been left at train stations and told to make my own way to the city then hope onto the bus to my next destination AS A YOUNG TEENANGER. I see people on a side street with me I am going to cross the otherside sorry I'm tall but light paranoia is my friend and has helped me avoid danger and keped me safe even when finishing late in some of our less desirable areas.

The job I work in now (gambiling) I deal in a LOT fo cash the first thing we must do is make sure before we place a bet on is count the money and make sure they have enough otherwise it is classed as credit betting and AGAINST THE LAW not enough money no bet no excuses, as the cash is always on sight we have to keep the alert for anyone suspiocues, (more parinoa and trust issues). As we generally work by ourselves we also have to count on the person before us that they haven't left us holding the preverbile bag (as has happened to me) and the people after us have to count on us. (We trust each other as a team but when you don't see them how do you trust them they are just names on a sheet of paper.) Me and lack of trust and some healthy paranoia very old and close friends, they always will be. I know it is sad but it helps me survive in my job and todays society.

Now this brongs this me to the reason to my post. Last night after I finished work I ended up having a seziuer. As I was ambulance officers rolled em ofer anfd placed me on the bed I noticed a hand in my back pocket as I waslayed doen I couldn't feel my phone that is kept in said pocket. While truing to convey what was going on everyone around me was refusing to listen WHERE has the trust in society gone today I know an epileptic after a seizure is not the most reliable witness but has society gone so far down that we have decided to take things of people when they are most helpless. While I don't trust people in general thanks to the lifestyle I led and the things I saw growing up I did have some faiuth in society that when push came to shove we would stick together. SO THANK YOU WHOEVER YOU ARE FOR DESTROYING ONE OF MY LAST SHREADS OF FAITH IN HUMAN DECIENCY, and to the ambulance officeres out there and former ones ( :icon_wave: Jessica) please listen to your paitence I know you can have some extremally busy days but if you had only taken a second to listen to me ionstead of trying to cart me of to hospital straight away maybe I would not of become a little more jaded and cynical today. Now excuse me for leaving my soap box here I can't dont have the strength to carry it I'm going to bed.

Gypsy

Do not fear those who have nothing left to lose, fear those who are prepared to lose it all

Si vis bellum, parra pacem
  •  

suzifrommd

Oh, that sounds awful. Please accept a hug.

Don't accept victimization. Please report the theft to the police, and if you suspect one of the ambulance crew, report the theft to the ambulance company as well.

Also, if you can bring yourself to a place where you can recognize that it was only one sick individual who committed this crime and not our whole society, it might help.

Though I know what it feels like to be victimized and helpless. I'm sure I'd feel the same way you do.
Have you read my short story The Eve of Triumph?
  •  

Jessica Merriman

Quote from: immortal gypsy on May 08, 2014, 09:20:31 PM
please listen to your paitence I know you can have some extremally busy days but if you had only taken a second to listen to me ionstead of trying to cart me of to hospital straight away maybe I would not of become a little more jaded and cynical today.

I don't know what to say about the theft you experienced and it makes me sad to think an EMS worker stole your phone. I can tell you EMS crews are on a clock and cannot spend much time on scene. Where I worked we had 8 minutes per policy and procedure upon arrival to diagnose, stabilize, initiate treatment and begin transport. The only exception was on calls where there was a long extrication time. There are just not enough units on the street to spend a large amount of time at scene. In my city of 650,000 there were usually only 30-40 units on the street per shift. We have to move fast. Hope that explains why they were rushed.  :)
  •  

immortal gypsy

Having friends who are ambulance drivers and in our NSW police force I understand time is imperative. It was nice for once for them to see someone in the city and for them to jump to the automatic accusation drugs or alcohol, particularly when someone is not wearing their bracelet (naughty I know but I'm in the processes of replacing it).

Even though I had a bad experience the night before I have nothing but praise for the police assistance line for helping me out the next morning when I was still barely able to form coherent thoughts and properly follow instructions. (For those who don't understand epilepsy. Time after a seizure can be similar to the day after you are not exactly with it till you have had some proper sleep).   

Also to all the doctors and nurses out there in emergency rooms across the world thank you I'm not the most patient patient when lying in hospital beds now and I know what I was like as a child. I can't imagine what you have to go through every day. For all those who serve our community thank you.
Do not fear those who have nothing left to lose, fear those who are prepared to lose it all

Si vis bellum, parra pacem
  •