Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

might as well give up

Started by Umiko, May 13, 2014, 09:23:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Umiko

so i just got a call from my therapist saying he just found out my insurance wont pay for my sessions becuz its out of network. this is so frustrating! i have to go back to the drawing board and start all over again! might as well just freaking give up.
  •  

Lady Curiosity

By all means go back to the drawing board, but don't give up! You will find a way, but if you give up then that becomes impossible. Don't take the easy way out. Do what it takes to get where you want to be.

Hugs

LC
  •  

Jess42

That is kind of a hit in the stomach. Don't give up though. Find a therapist that is in your insurance network even if you have to start over again. Or if you have income talk to this one and ask what he would charge you cash. I find that when I pay cash instead of using insurance it is a lot cheaper because they get it right then and there instead of having to wait for the insurance company to pay them.
  •  

Umiko

unfortunately the only money i get is from my financial aid grant and still waiting on the other stuff. its just so frustrating having coming so far just to start all over. might as well try the over the internet thing but still, i dont wanna give up but i'm not being allowed to live it seems 
  •  

Jess42

Quote from: Umiko Liliana on May 13, 2014, 09:38:29 AM
unfortunately the only money i get is from my financial aid grant and still waiting on the other stuff. its just so frustrating having coming so far just to start all over. might as well try the over the internet thing but still, i dont wanna give up but i'm not being allowed to live it seems

You may not have to start from the very beginning Umiko. Those writings that your therapist wrote while in therapy with you actually belong to you. You have access to them whenever you want. You can also sign a consent form that will let your previous therapist share his notes and records with your next therapist. The only thing you may have to start over with is getting comfortable with a new therapist and establishing a trust between you two. I hope that helps a little.
  •  

Umiko

i found other therapist but after this, idk whether to go see another male therapist of see a female -.- ugh! this is so frustrating
  •  

AnneB

Doesn't OON mean you pay a little more?  Like.. My In Network pays 80%, Out of Network, pays .. Either 60, or 40% or is that still too much to cover?  Can your therapist at least recommend someone?  'wish you luck finding a good one, soon!

And Jesse is right, I would ask your therapist if he can share the notes with your new one.. Will save/cover a lot of ground that your might not have to go over again, and the pain too.. Tho.. starting from the first step(as if not talking before) might give new insights you may not have thot of before.  Sometimes, starting over again, with someone new, allows the new doc to let you see things that would help more.  Just an idea..

Paula
  •  

Umiko

Quote from: Paula Christine on May 13, 2014, 10:46:53 AM
Doesn't OON mean you pay a little more?  Like.. My In Network pays 80%, Out of Network, pays .. Either 60, or 40% or is that still too much to cover?  Can your therapist at least recommend someone?  'wish you luck finding a good one, soon!
only thing he said was call them but all the therapist i'm find are out of my travel reach. i found one who deals specifically with gender dysphoria but she is in NY and NJ but idk if my insurance would be fooled -.- ugh!
  •  

Jessica Merriman

Try Psychology Today online. There are a lot of gender Therapist's listed. You can search by city or whatever. They also list what insurance they take and if there is a sliding scale. :)
  •  

Umiko

Quote from: Jessica Merriman on May 13, 2014, 11:50:49 AM
Try Psychology Today online. There are a lot of gender Therapist's listed. You can search by city or whatever. They also list what insurance they take and if there is a sliding scale. :)
i'm looking there but all the therapist are out of my travel reach. i dont drive, my mother works so she cant take me, the buses dont take me there without me having to walk 20 minutes. my insurance will pay for it but if its not in their network than i'm doomed
  •  

Jessica Merriman

Quote from: Umiko Liliana on May 13, 2014, 11:56:25 AM
if its not in their network than i'm doomed
Not doomed, delayed a while, that's all. :)
  •  

Umiko

Quote from: Jessica Merriman on May 13, 2014, 12:03:02 PM
Not doomed, delayed a while, that's all. :)
i know i sound selfish but i really dont have time to wait. unfortunately, my time is super short. :( i cant afford to ignore this
  •