Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

getting my therapist to write my letter

Started by Umiko, May 14, 2014, 08:34:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Umiko

well, i have a secondary therapist which is good becuz i basically got 2 months of therapy in one month (YAY ME! -london tipton from suite life of zake and cody xD) but anyways, he had 2 trans patient so not as much experience as regular gender therapist but he is well aware of gender dysphoria. my question is, can i get him to write me a letter still? or does he need to go through courses and what not?
  •  

Umiko

i think i found a LGBT counselor. can she count for my letter writing? sry to be such a pain lol
  •  

kelly_aus

Ask the therapist. This is something only they can answer.
  •  

Umiko

so wait, even with little experience, my therapist can still write the letter?
  •  

Spiritwlker

Any therapist can write you a letter. Mine had absolutely no experience with gender issues. I saw her every other week for about six months (and still see her regularly). I introduced her to the WPATH standards of care for trans health as well as supplied several different sample letter that I sourced from the internet. Thank goodness she was willing to learn and do research on my behalf, because there aren't a lot of specialized therapists in my rural area. Good luck!
  •  

Umiko

whoop, thnx. imma have my therapist write my letter when i see him this week! i'm sure he is willing to help me bet lets hope i dont have to beg
  •  

Umiko

anyone know where i can find sample letters for my therapist to look at?
  •  

Spiritwlker

I won't post a link, but Google "letter for trans hrt". The first hit is a doctors site and then there are a couple more examples in the top ten.
  •  

Umiko

hand written is acceptable it has to be typed?
  •  

Spiritwlker

I imagine it would look better typed on office letterhead and sent directly from the therapists office to the endocrinologist.
  •