News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Feeling useless and obsolete

Started by Jessica Merriman, May 29, 2014, 02:40:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessica Merriman

Quote from: Julia-Madrid on May 29, 2014, 05:07:39 PM
If you need to go and watch the ocean or smell the flowers for a bit, that's a good thing.  And then return!
You won't believe this, but I was just looking at the pictures from my Bahamas cruise trying to remember the feel of the ocean and the currents around Lucaya Beach! I so loved diving the reefs. They were just beautiful, well, except for that one darn barracuda! :o
  •  

Nero

Quote from: Jessica Merriman on May 29, 2014, 05:09:13 PM
It was the Paramedic in me trying to help. We got called, we helped and life went on hopefully normally. I never ran on someone who called and then refused our help. This is a new concept to me. I will be OK now. :)

Yes, unfortunately psychological distress is a lot less cut and dry. :( Your old job was black and white - either you could save them or you couldn't. You do your best, and honestly nobody expects you to save anyone here, ya know? That's too high a burden for any human - to psychologically save someone else. You can't. You can only be there for them. And you are. You have been for me.
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

Jessica Merriman

Quote from: FA on May 29, 2014, 05:20:46 PM
Yes, unfortunately psychological distress is a lot less cut and dry. :( Your old job was black and white - either you could save them or you couldn't. You do your best, and honestly nobody expects you to save anyone here, ya know? That's too high a burden for any human - to psychologically save someone else. You can't. You can only be there for them. And you are. You have been for me.
I totally understand now. JESSICA HATES TO LOSE THOUGH! OK, it is out of my system now, whew, where are the dominoes now, who's in? ;D
  •  

Jill F

Jessica, sorry I've been away for most of the day here, but you are clearly useful and relevant.

I hate to see someone for whom I care so much get so down.

Hugs,
Jill
  •  

Pitch

Throughout the generations, one thing remains: what it means to show kindness.
  •  

Julia-Madrid

Quote from: Jessica Merriman on May 29, 2014, 05:12:12 PM
You won't believe this, but I was just looking at the pictures from my Bahamas cruise trying to remember the feel of the ocean and the currents around Lucaya Beach! I so loved diving the reefs. They were just beautiful, well, except for that one darn barracuda! :o
Exactly!!   And barracuda grilled with a bit of smoke is wonderful.   ;D 
  •  

ErinWDK

Quote from: Jessica Merriman on May 29, 2014, 05:25:57 PM
I totally understand now. JESSICA HATES TO LOSE THOUGH! OK, it is out of my system now, whew, where are the dominoes now, who's in? ;D

Dominoes???  The game is zesty nachos with lots of taco meat and salsa...

Jessica is not the only one who hates to lose.  It is really tough to finally get a hold of the truth, but you can't win them all.  Trying to help people who are psychologically hurting it is a very big deal to help a few.  You have helped me.

Glad to hear you are feeling better!   Hugs!!!

Erin
  •  

Jess42

Quote from: Jessica Merriman on May 29, 2014, 05:25:57 PM
JESSICA HATES TO LOSE THOUGH! OK,

Hon, as much as you hate to lose, sometimes we do. Not your fault. I personally think you do one heck of a job. As for caring about others, well if anyone deserves sainthood, you do. Please don't sell yourself short.
  •