Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Why is this so difficult!

Started by ThePersona, July 02, 2014, 03:49:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThePersona

So I've been having trouble with my makeup recently which surprises me because even before HRT and using makeup daily I've always been a theatre kid, and as such I've had to use foundation, mascara, eyeliner all of it, I remember having better eyeliner than many girls in my high school, but now, I can't even seem to get a good blend with my concealer or a straight line with my eyeliner, forget mascara that's way too hard now. Is this normal? And any tips on how to get my makeup to actually make me look PRETTIER, because currently it's not a good sight.
3DS Name: Harrison (from pre-transition)
3DS friend code: 0791 3145 5772

Not sure if anyone really cares lol, if you add me just pm me with yours.

I pretty much only play Pokemon Y
  •  

Hikari

Brushes and sponges help immensely on getting makeup applied or blended. Just go to target and and get a bag of makeup sponges, there will be all different shapes, and a set of brushes which you can also find at target.

When you practice a bit, you will find blending concealer or applying blush becomes much easier and more precise.

Eyeliner is a more specific case, there are. 3 types liquid, traditional pencil, and twist style pencil. With all three I do very short applications many times to construct the line, kinda like sketching. Liquid is pretty easy to mess up on but one of the wedge shaped sponges can be used to correct the line easily. Traditional pencils need to be sharpened often, this is why I prefer the twist style.

Also practice makes perfect, doing it everyday really helps.
私は女の子 です!My Blog - Hikari's Transition Log http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/board,377.0.html
  •