Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

How to lose muscle?

Started by Unknownfavor, May 23, 2014, 11:19:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unknownfavor

Hey so right now I'm 6'2" 310lbs 25% body fat. I do alot of sercurity work and and have amassed some muscle through gyms and my job as well as a bit of a belly that I'm gunna get rid of this summer for a tummy tuck in fall. My question is how do you lose muscle especially if you want to look more female do you just not use the mucsles? And then burn the fat with cardio or can you just do cardio and no weight training to lose muscle. My problem areas are my legs arms and shoulders. I'd appreciate any help haha
  •  

Dani

Unknownfavor,

I too am 6'1.15" and my peak weight was 340. I am now2 down to 6'0" and 276 pounds.
I too was employed in the security field, corrections to be exact.

I lost the weight by 2 things:

1. Finasteride - It blocks the conversion of testosterone into dihydrotestosterone, which is 8 times more powerful in putting meat on the hoof. I can definitely feel the muscle loss in my upper body and less so in my legs.

2. Serious dieting - Over 75 % of my diet is vegetables. I am loosing about 1/2 pound a day, maybe a little less. On the day I cheat a little or go out to eat, I gain 2 to 3 pounds back, which takes me another week to lose.

Also, light exercise is helpful, but put away those barbells. Do lots of abdominal crunches and waist turns and bends. Cardio work will speed things up a bit.

Good luck.
  •  

Alangender

•  

whatever

(TW) My advice is be damn careful. Lost over 100 lbs and I'm honestly developing a serious eating disorder. Strict restriction not under medical supervision is honestly more dangerous to your health than even self-medicating imo.
  •  

whatismylife

the only way you lose fat is by burning more calories than you consume.  cardio is generally healthy and recommended, and can help with balancing the numbers in favour of weight loss.

lifting probably should not be avoided altogether, but using lower weights and lower volume will help so you don't gain muscle (added to the fact that being on a caloric deficit would mean you couldn't really gain a lot of muscle anyway).

if you are a novice lifter (within the first year of any "serious" kind of training) then there's a chance you might get "n00b gains" in muscle, but that also means it'd be easier to lose fat and gain strength at the same time.
  •  

Jennygirl

Found this article a while ago, thinking it might be a useful read for this thread

http://www.trans-health.com/2001/lose-muscle-gain-fat-dieting-for-mtfs/
  •  

whatismylife

"Your daily caloric intake should be about 10 multiplied by your bodyweight in pounds. So if you're 200 lbs., take in 2000 calories a day. One day a week, eat at maintenance levels, around 15 times your bodyweight in calories. This will help to keep weight loss process constant."

just, no.  i weight 180lbs and 2000 calories would still be a cutting diet for me.  there are BMR calculators available everywhere to which you can figure out your daily activity levels and figure out how much you should be eating.

the cardio part is right, but i wouldn't cut out the weights altogether.  it should be enough just to use lighter weights and lower volume (basically what would be a "warm up", but AS the workout).
  •