Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Same story posted multiple threads by news staff

Started by suzifrommd, July 07, 2014, 09:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suzifrommd

It's wonderful that Susan's place has such an active news staff. A lot of really interesting articles get posted.

And I understand that with the recent departure of the longtime news administrator, there's going to be some growing pains.

But might I humbly request that the staff have some way of keeping track of what stories have been posted recently by other staff members? That way, when an article pertains to a story recently posted, it can be added to that thread, rather than creating multiple threads for the same story.

The story of the trans woman detained in a Canadian airport was posted in about five different threads. The story of West Virginia drivers licenses requiring a male presentation, seems like I've seen in two or three different threads. There are many other recent stories that seem to have found their way into multiple threads.

There must be some way of matching articles that deal with the same story.
Have you read my short story The Eve of Triumph?
  •  

LordKAT

There is a search function. It works most of the time, sort of. I have noticed the same thing and as they learn, they will adjust. Sorry about so many new people all at once, but they do deserve a chance to prove themselves.
  •