Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Retransition Detransition Forum

Started by retransition, September 12, 2013, 04:51:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kelly_aus

Quote from: retransition on April 15, 2014, 09:37:46 PM
Nice post.  And I agree that the minuteness in awareness of detransition related narratives within the trans space is usually not the product of some nefarious plot but more a reflection of the smaller proportion of people within the community interested in this topic.  And I agree that, like everything in life, communication and sharing of stories and experiences can probably benefit many (even those who may not at first think they would be interested in this topic.)

I can't see myself ever detransitioning, but you never know what life will throw at you. I still find myself browsing the threads in this area.
  •  

ChaoticTribe

I am not thinking of detransitioning and living as female, but I AM thinking about taking a much lower testosterone level, possibly adding estrogen, maybe trying to get my hormone levels as close to zero as I could while maintaining libido and bone density...

Just because I already pass and don't like side effects. Not sure what to do though, and I think it'd be cool if there were more resources for people thinking about stopping hormones, but still living as a guy, or counter-acting side effects somehow...?

Idk, just really need people to talk to, it's such a specific subject and not one I can talk to just anybody about.
Was falsely diagnosed as a female-to-male transsexual.
I'm just a cisgender female picking up the pieces.
  •  

andiemcgrath

Quote from: retransition on February 01, 2014, 09:32:52 PM
I think the gender binary has its origin in biology and is a mechanism to keep our species propagating.  As our society has evolved it is becoming less important with every passing day.  I think most (though not all) of the attributes that make up "gender" have lost their biological necessity and are now a conscious choice we make, either as individuals or a society. It is largely kabuki theater and as far as that goes I think that men and women should have the freedom to participate (or not participate) in a manner of their own choosing. All of that being said, I think some aspects of gender are still important and biologically necessary.

lots (but not all) of this :)

i think gender is a cultural artefact from a time when we had strict sex roles, and what keeps it going is the continued threat of violence from men (gender's bio basis being men's physical strength advantage). i think that's why there's so much resistance to it being dismantled - from both men and women.

is any of it necessary for propagation? well, it certainly puts us in our reproductive place.

personally i don't believe in an innate sexuality or reproductive urge, i think sexual intercourse = babies = heteronormativity, and the sooner we question these assumptions the better for humankind :D

Edited for Profanity
  •  

Marvel

QuoteNice post.  And I agree that the minuteness in awareness of detransition related narratives within the trans space is usually not the product of some nefarious plot but more a reflection of the smaller proportion of people within the community interested in this topic.  And I agree that, like everything in life, communication and sharing of stories and experiences can probably benefit many (even those who may not at first think they would be interested in this topic.)

Sorry, late post been away for some time.
Thanks  :), nice post/s to you too, really brave stuff. True, they need to be better communication.

Quotepersonally i don't believe in an innate sexuality or reproductive urge, i think sexual intercourse = babies = heteronormativity, and the sooner we question these assumptions the better for humankind :D

I think questioning and also doing your own thinking too is always a good thing, not just take whatever society says is "right".  Whichever path a person will chose, as long its from their own free will and not harming others.
  •