Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Making the adam's apple disappear!

Started by Lady_Oracle, July 18, 2014, 04:23:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady_Oracle

Idk if this would work for older transitioners but long ago I saw a video of a young trans gal who managed to hide her adam's apple by basically tensing up the lower half of the jaw/throat and it would raise it to the point where it would look hidden. This also helps with maintaining a feminine pitch when speaking.

Anyways I did this prehrt a lot but it was difficult to hold for long periods of time but as I kept practicing it became easier and easier. After I started hrt and with my constant voice practice, the adam's apple looks like it shrunk. I can now relax it and it doesn't protrude at all and I can still speak in a male voice if I wanted to, which is like never  :laugh: 

Also another tip is when you're practicing your voice, try to emulate like you're about to gargle. The way you tighten your voice box when you do that helps to keep the pitch in the right range and it doesn't sound like that super high falsetto mickey mouse voice. You should be able to stay relaxed.

•  

Lady_Oracle

can a mod move this to the voice forum please. This thread would be better suited there.
  •  

Allyda

It's a shame this thread didn't take off. It would have been great for those of us trying to work with our voices to hear from others what worked for them.

Ali :icon_flower:
Allyda
Full Time August 2009
HRT Dec 27 2013
VFS [ ? ]
FFS [ ? ]
SRS Spring 2015

•  

Lady_Oracle

yeah...I'm sort of invisible on these forums lol

But I shall continue to post all the stuff I've learned, since who knows who might find it useful.
  •  

Michaela Whimsy

Wow, that works! I have TMJ bad though, sometimes my jaw locks up and hurts terribly when I unlock it, it pops all the time like crazy, which hurts too. 

Quote from: Lady_Oracle on August 10, 2014, 05:35:50 PM

But I shall continue to post all the stuff I've learned, since who knows who might find it useful.
^^ sometimes I feel this too, but the same is true in real life for me also.
  •  

Allyda

Quote from: Lady_Oracle on August 10, 2014, 05:35:50 PM

My threads never get past page 2 so don't feel bad. I've gotten to the point I can help better by answering threads of others rather than start threads because they never go anywhere.

I find any tips on bettering my voice useful even if I've already tried them -maybe I did it wrong or forgot something who knows. My biggest problem with my voice stems from damage to my throat/larinx in my 91 accident. It sort of limits my capability.

Ali :icon_flower:
Allyda
Full Time August 2009
HRT Dec 27 2013
VFS [ ? ]
FFS [ ? ]
SRS Spring 2015

•