Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Simply Siblings Redux Poll/ Who's "fer us or against us"?

Started by juliekins, August 11, 2009, 09:20:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

For those who are living full time, what % of your siblings are supportive and accepting?

100% -All of them
about 75%-most
about 66%-majority
50-50-split camps
about 25-33%-less than I'd like
none-ouch!

juliekins

I realized after the last poll that everyone had to respond to the questions in order to take all of our brothers and sisters feelings into account. Maybe this is a better way. You can use the supportive and acceptance levels from the previous poll as a guideline. Thanks Everyone!
"I don't need your acceptance, just your love"
  •  

Janet_Girl

I guess it is a blessing in disguise, but I am an only child and an orphan.  Both parents have crossed over.  So I face the world alone.  Ok maybe not so alone, I do have a few friends, an ex who is sorta supporting and my girlfriend, Heather.

But I guess I should change my vote to 100%, because I have my family here, and tons of brothers and sisters.

And I have Chrissty, Cami and Nero as my adopted siblings.

Janet
  •  

LordKAT

•  

ilikepotatoes

My mom fluctuates between being very supportive and bursts of transphobia. Having my sibs' accept me immediately helped my mom come around as much as she has because no one else in my family was going to be against me on this.
  •  

myles

Oops hit the wong button should be 50-50. With only 2 siblings, both brothers, one is doing great  about it one is far from it!
Myles
"A life lived in fear is a life half lived"
  •  

Jeatyn

I answered 75%

I have 1 brother and 2 sisters

Me and my brother are no longer on speaking terms but it's nothing to do with me being TG and he was infact the only one who used the correct name and pronouns consistently. My oldest sister tries, she's just not used to it yet, and we don't see each other very often so she doesn't get much practice in :P my other sister doesn't even bother trying and is very insensitive about the whole thing - this is the one I live with, stress levels run very high in this house.
  •  

Walter

I have one brother who's 30 something years old (I live with him and can't even remember his age..lol)

So uhm..yeah. As far as I know he's not supportive. I think he knows because he's heard me mention it in conversation. But he never reacted to it. And for him not to say anything about it gives me the feeling that he doesn't support it. I don't think he's against it but I don't know his opinions on it

I'm not really sure what would happen if I told him upfront that I'm trans
  •  

Debra

I didnt want to vote yet because I'm not even close to being full time yet.

But I have told both my brother and sister and both of them consider me to be the loving, tender hearted big brother they always knew and did not judge me for desiring this. BUT they do both think that it is wrong that I want to do this. If I did do this, my sister has said that she would never hold her daughter back from me so that's good.

The reality of it probably hasn't hit them as it is still not clear yet. We'll see how it is once the reality finally hits and my mom starts taking down pictures of me so as not to confuse my niece who's 1 yr old.

•  

Kylo

One's cool with it, the other one is not bothered. The other two, I have no idea.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

Debra

Wow necro'd thread! Hah. Now that it's been 8 years or so since I transitioned, I finally voted.

50 / 50 split. My brother has been supportive for many many years.

Unfortunately my sister , who lives with my horrendous parents, is in their camp. They won't see me or acknowledge me for who I am, etc. Ah well.

•