Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Having my FFS soon.

Started by EmilyMI, January 21, 2015, 08:59:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EmilyMI

I have my FFS coming up on January 27'th with Dr. Tobey Mayer in Beverly Hills, CA; which I am feeling both very excited about but also very nervous as well.  My anxiety levels are pretty much off the chart right now; which I know that this is normal to feel like this, also I know I will be in good hands for the recovery part.  My Mom is coming with me; who was a RN for 45+ years.  I am still nervous though since I know what is involved with the surgery (I am a nursing student myself) and of course I am worried that I will still not have the results that I am hoping for after all the swelling/bruising has come down.   
  •  

marie

•  

Sophiabutterfly09

YAYY!!!  ;D I'm so excited for you, your gonna feel so much more comfortable. One VERY important piece of advice: Do NOT make any judgments about your FFS until you reach the 6 month post op mark. Give it time to settle in. By the way Dr. Toby Mayer is an excellent surgeon, superb results ive seen a couple girls who went to him :) your in  good hands.
You are a composite of all the things you believe, and all the places you believe you can go. Your past does not define you. You can step out of your history and create a new day for yourself. Even if the entire culture is saying, "You can't." Even if every single possible bad thing that can happen to you does. You can keep going forward.
-Oprah Winfrey
  •  

EmilyMI

Quote from: Sophiabutterfly09 on January 21, 2015, 11:59:19 AM
YAYY!!!  ;D I'm so excited for you, your gonna feel so much more comfortable. One VERY important piece of advice: Do NOT make any judgments about your FFS until you reach the 6 month post op mark. Give it time to settle in. By the way Dr. Toby Mayer is an excellent surgeon, superb results ive seen a couple girls who went to him :) your in  good hands.

I know that I won't see really any big results for what you said, around 6 months (or longer!) so I know that I can't base my results just right after my surgery.  I have seen some of the before/after results from Dr. Toby Mayer, and so far I am impressed in what i have seen.  So I am being optimistic about my results, but also realistic as well.  Mostly I am just worried about the first 24-48 hours after the surgery since I heard that this is the worst part.  I am staying though for the first 24 hours in a after care facility which will take care of all the transportation from the Surgery and also the next day with seeing the Doctor again.    I know my Mom is a Nurse but again since I do not know what to expect I don't want to over-whelm her while she is there.  She will have me long enough during the rest of the recovery LOL
  •  

Julia-Madrid

Hiya Emily

Good luck!!  Yes, the first couple of days can be a bit nasty, but you should follow the painkiller regime and try to rest as much as possible.  A couple of tips for you:

1.  If you're having your nose fixed, your throat can get very dry from mouth breathing.  Just drape a light t-shirt or some other cloth over your nose and mouth, and a lot of exhaled moisture will not be lost.  It made a huge difference, even though I had a humidifier in the room.

2.  If you're having chin or jaw work, stock up on purée and other liquid food you can get into your mouth without having to open it up much, and without needing to chew.

xxx
J
  •  

EmilyMI

Quote from: Julia-Madrid on January 21, 2015, 02:46:06 PM
    Hiya Emily

Good luck!!  Yes, the first couple of days can be a bit nasty, but you should follow the painkiller regime and try to rest as much as possible.  A couple of tips for you:

1.  If you're having your nose fixed, your throat can get very dry from mouth breathing.  Just drape a light t-shirt or some other cloth over your nose and mouth, and a lot of exhaled moisture will not be lost.  It made a huge difference, even though I had a humidifier in the room.

2.  If you're having chin or jaw work, stock up on purée and other liquid food you can get into your mouth without having to open it up much, and without needing to chew.

xxx

Thanks for the tips; which I will have to remember.   I am pretty much having everything done - shown below:

Hairline Advancement
    Rhinoplasty
    Forehead (Brow Bossing)
    Lip Lift
    Blepharoplasty
    Cheek Implants
    Jawline and Chin Reduction

[/list][/list]
    •  

Julia-Madrid

Wow - you shall be Bionic Woman once you're done  ;)   

Best of luck, and be patient with the results!!

Hugs
    Julia
    •