Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

The All New 'Before & After Topic (v 3.0)

Started by Jennygirl, July 02, 2014, 05:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

April Lee

The "before" picture has been shown here, previously. It was taken about 7 years ago when I weighed about 90 pounds more than I do now. The "after" picture was taken this morning at about 4:30am. That was after a disastrous night of clubbing, where I had my keys stolen. That story has been told in another thread, so I will skip the details here, but it sets up a logistical nightmare for me over the next several days. That was added on top of a whole host of other issues I need to deal with the next several weeks because of my imploding marriage. I am about as stressed as I can be right now.

Yet when I look at this morning's picture of me I see something I really like. When I started HRT, I wasn't thoroughly convinced I wanted to transition. I wanted to try it on for size first. I had this crazy notion that if I was going to become a woman, I wanted to be the kewless 60 year old chick ever, and I wasn't even thinking about my chromosome makeup at all in that context. Of course, there was another part of me that thought that was utterly ridiculous.

Well, something happened along the way that actually sort of stunned me. The more I pursued that vision of myself, the more it became ok in my mind to pursue it. It was ok to be my authentic self, even if nobody else agrees.

In the after picture, I am actually looking at my image on the monitor. And what I see on my face is utter satisfaction with who I am. I am comfortable in my skin for the very first time in my life, and it shows. I like this April; I wish I had let her out a few decades earlier.  Oh, what trouble we could have made, but even at almost 60, she is still pretty kewl. I am wearing her now, and she fits perfectly.   

•  

Shantel

Quote from: April Lee on November 02, 2014, 01:29:42 PM

Pretty amazing April, bet you don't miss the big tummy on the previous guy. You are effectively extending your life expectancy according to what my endo says, pretty kewl hon.
  •  

Ev

Quote from: Shantel on November 02, 2014, 10:05:45 AM
Pretty dramatic Ev, have you had any FFS?

Nope.  Not a lick.  The most that has been done to my face is one session of laser hair removal..  I could grow a beard like  Eric the Red so I had to make sure that didn't happen hahaha. I have 5 more sessions already lined up.  I started HRT I want to say back in late June/early July-ish.
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Ev on November 02, 2014, 02:05:46 PM

Nope.  Not a lick.  The most that has been done to my face is one session of laser hair removal..  I could grow a beard like  Eric the Red so I had to make sure that didn't happen hahaha. I have 5 more sessions already lined up.  I started HRT I want to say back in late June/early July-ish.

It's working!
  •  

April Lee

Quote from: Shantel on November 02, 2014, 01:36:44 PM
Pretty amazing April, bet you don't miss the big tummy on the previous guy. You are effectively extending your life expectancy according to what my endo says, pretty kewl hon.

Shantel, Thank you so much. I think one of the most beautiful aspects of losing all that weight is that a lot of the aches and pains have gone away. I used to struggle with my knees and my back. I hardly notice them at all any more. I have also regained a huge portion of my flexibility, and that has allowed me to take up the dancing that has become such a large portion of my new life.
  •  

Ev

Quote from: Shantel on November 02, 2014, 02:07:43 PM
It's working!

Yes it is.  I got asked out on a date (from a male) already, who was begging that I meet him later this week hahahaha.
  •  

Brenda E

Quote from: April Lee on November 02, 2014, 01:29:42 PM. . . taken this morning at about 4:30am. . . .

Taken at 4:30am after clubbing and the whole car keys ordeal?

Truly amazing!  I couldn't look like that at 4:30pm after spending three hours getting ready and not having my car keys stolen.
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: April Lee on November 02, 2014, 02:20:14 PM

Shantel, Thank you so much. I think one of the most beautiful aspects of losing all that weight is that a lot of the aches and pains have gone away. I used to struggle with my knees and my back. I hardly notice them at all any more. I have also regained a huge portion of my flexibility, and that has allowed me to take up the dancing that has become such a large portion of my new life.

Good for you hon! Nothing worse than being so overweight that you blow all the wind out of your lungs just bending down tying your shoestrings. Been there and have fought that, I hate it when I used to faint from oxygen deprivation.  :D :laugh: Just exaggerating a bit there.  ;D
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Ev on November 02, 2014, 02:34:26 PM

Yes it is.  I got asked out on a date (from a male) already, who was begging that I meet him later this week hahahaha.

Hang on to your panties hon, he's got an agenda!
  •  

Ev

Quote from: Shantel on November 02, 2014, 05:09:54 PM
Hang on to your panties hon, he's got an agenda!

I kind of already expect that, Shan.  But I love it when the hunter becomes the hunted.   ;)
  •  

lemon_ice

Well I have a before, I'm not really in the after stage yet though.. kind of the during/whatever stage that I am now lol..

Well the before pic was taken in Bougainvile (a small politically unstable island near Papua New Guinea), the white guy in the pic is me lol. I had really had a rough previous few days in the jungle there.. this was in march 2014. The 'after' is about two days old (November 2014). I find the change rather mind blowing personally. Also I don't have anyone to take a full body pic right now, but just trust me when I say I have lost a lot of weight and am a rather slender person now.. here goes..

Before:

Bit of a close up:

Now:

All these years, all these memories, there was you. You pull me through time.
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: lemon_ice on November 03, 2014, 12:14:03 PM
Well I have a before, I'm not really in the after stage yet though.. kind of the during/whatever stage that I am now lol..

Well the before pic was taken in Bougainvile (a small politically unstable island near Papua New Guinea), the white guy in the pic is me lol. I had really had a rough previous few days in the jungle there.. this was in march 2014. The 'after' is about two days old (November 2014). I find the change rather mind blowing personally. Also I don't have anyone to take a full body pic right now, but just trust me when I say I have lost a lot of weight and am a rather slender person now.. here goes..

Now:

Remarkable to say the least! You shouldn't have let those villagers talk you into sticking the bone through your nose! Just kidding,  :D
you look just beautiful sweetie!
  •  

lemon_ice

Quote from: Shantel on November 03, 2014, 12:25:05 PM
Remarkable to say the least! You shouldn't have let those villagers talk you into sticking the bone through your nose! Just kidding,  :D
you look just beautiful sweetie!

Thanks :), I had a rather confusing moment when looking back through my photos a couple of days ago... When I saw the posted 'before pic', some part of my brain immediately said, 'damn, he's hot...' in a less than platonic way too :/ It left me feeling rather strange for a while.. (my attraction to men is pretty new by the way). Has anyone else experienced something like this?

Also, those islanders (the women) are actually amazing people, they run a guest house as a way of teaching other Bougainvillean women hospitality skills to help them eventually get jobs or run their own business. This is in an extremely misogynistic  country (there is no such thing as marital rape, approx. 60% girls have also been raped by the age of 16) with almost no education opportunities (especially for women), where there is almost no economy and almost no infrastructure due to severe little war 20 years ago where Papua (supported by Australia) came in and destroyed almost everything and massacred and raped tens of thousands of men women and children...
The Bougainvillean man in the picture was a commander in the Bougainvillean Resistance Army who fought the Papuans 20 years ago, and is a very astute person.
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: lemon_ice on November 03, 2014, 12:55:08 PM
Thanks :), I had a rather confusing moment when looking back through my photos a couple of days ago... When I saw the posted 'before pic', some part of my brain immediately said, 'damn, he's hot...' in a less than platonic way too :/ It left me feeling rather strange for a while.. (my attraction to men is pretty new by the way). Has anyone else experienced something like this?

Also, those islanders (the women) are actually amazing people, they run a guest house as a way of teaching other Bougainvillean women hospitality skills to help them eventually get jobs or run their own business. This is in an extremely misogynistic  country (there is no such thing as marital rape, approx. 60% girls have also been raped by the age of 16) with almost no education opportunities (especially for women), where there is almost no economy and almost no infrastructure due to severe little war 20 years ago where Papua (supported by Australia) came in and destroyed almost everything and massacred and raped tens of thousands of men women and children...
The Bougainvillean man in the picture was a commander in the Bougainvillean Resistance Army who fought the Papuans 20 years ago, and is a very astute person.

Thanks for the brief recent history, very interesting and something I hadn't known about. Bougainville was shredded during WWII and that's all I had ever heard of the place. You must be an Aussie, I'd love to see such places! So far my only big adventure was in Vietnam during that war, the 1st RAR was attached to our unit back then, I developed a fondness for Aussie Beer.
  •  

lemon_ice

Quote from: Shantel on November 03, 2014, 01:06:43 PM
Thanks for the brief recent history, very interesting and something I hadn't known about. Bougainville was shredded during WWII and that's all I had ever heard of the place. You must be an Aussie, I'd love to see such places! So far my only big adventure was in Vietnam during that war, the 1st RAR was attached to our unit back then, I developed a fondness for Aussie Beer.

Well not quite, I'm of a far more precious and rare variety :P I am from New Zealand :) No comment re Aussie beer though lol.
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: lemon_ice on November 03, 2014, 01:41:53 PM
Well not quite, I'm of a far more precious and rare variety :P I am from New Zealand :) No comment re Aussie beer though lol.

Love Kiwis too, Christmas of 1966 a Maori fellow shared a few shots of Christmas cheer with me in the Vo Dat Valley in the then Republic of South Vietnam, it was a memorable occasion for two lonely people far from home, hearth and loved ones.

Anyway getting the thread back on subject, you do indeed look amazing miss and it's been a pleasure being here with you!
  •  

Tori

Aussie beer... meh... better'n American commercial brands.

Kiwi beer? Better'n Aussie. :)

Your before and after pics? Priceless.

•  

Ariel Renée

I just want to say that all of you look beautiful....Its like seeing butterflies coming out of cocoons....Im so inspired...I can only wish i cold be as beautiful as all of you when i start my transition. HUGGSSSSS
SPREADING LOVE THROUGH MUSIC!!!!  :angel:
  •  

TheQuestion

Quote from: lemon_ice on November 03, 2014, 12:14:03 PM

Before:

Bit of a close up:

Now:

Jesus H. Christ!!!  Claire (my mothers name too, and a beautiful one at that), I'd have never imagined that you'd looked like that before.  Good looking guy, but guy indeed; you look totally different in every way!!!  You clearly lost some muscle, I'm hoping that happens to me and I noticed a couple hand veins in your before picture.  Not as bad as mine I'd say, but did they tend to bulge  easily before?  Has HRT help make them less prominent?  Even if not, don't worry, yours aren't near as bad as mine from the look of it.  They really aren't bad at all, just curious.
  •  

lemon_ice

Quote from: TheQuestion on November 03, 2014, 06:36:16 PM
Jesus H. Christ!!!  Claire (my mothers name too, and a beautiful one at that), I'd have never imagined that you'd looked like that before.  Good looking guy, but guy indeed; you look totally different in every way!!!  You clearly lost some muscle, I'm hoping that happens to me and I noticed a couple hand veins in your before picture.  Not as bad as mine I'd say, but did they tend to bulge  easily before?  Has HRT help make them less prominent?  Even if not, don't worry, yours aren't near as bad as mine from the look of it.  They really aren't bad at all, just curious.

Thanks :) Lol, that seriously cracked me up. I had totally forgotten what I looked like, that photo gave me a bit of fright when I rediscovered it, I must admit. Yes I did lose rather a lot of muscle, there wasn't that much fat on me, but it wet away rather quickly for some reason, I would say it was mostly gone within the first 6 weeks, I kept to a very restrictive diet though which helped I think. I'm still slightly more toned than I would like, but it will just take a bit more time.. Hand veins, well it was super hot and humid there (right in the tropics) and we had been walking a lot that day, so that's about as bad as my hand veins have ever been lol. I'm actually not a very veiny person generally, but HRT has definitely reduced potential vein-iness.. I'm definitely quite hard to get an IV line into these days... so HRT definitely helps a lot. I have much nicer hands now too, they look a lot smaller and more slender (muscle loss again I think), and they have that nice clear-whitish transparency going on most of the time, unless I get really hot, then they get a bit darker coloured which sucks. I'm still early in transition though so things should only keep improving a bit from here..
Well good luck with everything, and just remember, although ymmv, I've found HRT to be pretty darn amazing, especially if you back it up with good things like diet and exercise :)
Thank, I love the name Claire too :) (obviously lol) I had some other ideas but eventually you work out that sort of female person you are and you kinda know what names work and which don't work for you, and most people seem to agree that I'm a Claire :p
Take care :)
  •