Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

There Are 6 Scriptures About Homosexuality In The Bible. Here's What They Say.

Started by Xenguy, July 01, 2014, 05:46:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xenguy

There Are 6 Scriptures About Homosexuality In The Bible. Here's What They Really Say.
Erica Williams Simon

"I'm the daughter of two ministers and still spend every Sunday in church, so I grew up studying the Bible pretty closely. But in all my years, I've never heard the scriptures about homosexuality explained this way."

Full Story: http://www.upworthy.com/there-are-6-scriptures-about-homosexuality-in-the-bible-heres-what-they-really-say?c=huf1

-----------------------------------------------------

Not an article, but an interesting video explaining what the scriptures in the bible really say about homosexuality. It's especially helpful to those who have been struggling with both sexuality and religion.
  •  

Shana-chan

The wording in the bible he was reading from was different from my own. The last one was the biggest one but, that aside, while I agree with hi in what was being said there for the most part, I also don't believe what he's showing people in that video is enough to convince people like my "Dad" who take religion way too far.
"Denial will get people no where."
"Don't look to the here & now but rather, to the unknown future & hope on that vs. the here & now."
  •  

Sylvie

Thanks for posting this. I'm actually about to read his book, it's at the top of my to-be-read pile.
  •  

Xenguy

Quote from: Sylvie on July 03, 2014, 05:01:27 PM
Thanks for posting this. I'm actually about to read his book, it's at the top of my to-be-read pile.

No prob :) I may not be religious myself but I know a lot of people struggle with faith at times, having someone clarify the scriptures is usually really helpful ^^
  •  

devention

The problem with the bible is that it's been translated SO many times over SO many years. Hebrew to Greek to Latin and so on over the course of 2000 years.
What I don't understand is how some of these folks can just cherry pick their scripture. Either Jesus erased the Old Testament and was new life or EVERYTHING still applies: no hair or beard cuts, no mixed fabrics, no shell fish, no divorce, nada.
Bah. Interesting video. Thanks. :3
The more I know, the more I know I don't know.

•