Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

firsts for me

Started by awilliams1701, July 16, 2014, 06:13:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

awilliams1701

I've only accepted being trans for a very short time. I started asking questions around the end of May and beginning of June. I've had several people already tell me that I'm going too fast. My therapist on the other hand seems to indicate that its really up to me how fast or slow I go.

Last night I was starting to do laundry and I realized the curtain was open to the back door and I know you can clearly see in my laundry room from the next street over (especially at night and it was). I was about to head over there and close it. Then I realized screw it! I'm not going to close it and I left it open the rest of the night. I walked right in front of it several times. I wasn't all that nervous. Its the first time being public didn't seem terrifying.

Today I shopped both in the makeup department for fingernail polish and the women's department, hoping to find some skirts and shirts. Unfortunately with it being walmart, there wasn't a lot there. Everything I liked was either too big or too small. I ended up with several pairs of girly socks. In the makup department there was a tweenage/teenage girl that definitely saw what I was up to and gave me this look of approval. There were several women there as well and I didn't get anything either way. I was certainly nervous even more so than last night, but not by much. I was actually fairly calm the whole time. I'm tempted to go to Khols over the weekend and actually go as Ashley instead of Allen.

Now I'm wearing a denim skirt instead of denim shorts. I'm going to wear them outside while I cook my dinner. I'm tempted to wear them when I take my dog out for her next walk.
Ashley
  •  

mrs izzy

I would say if you feel its safe then enjoy.

Isabell
Mrs. Izzy
Trans lifeline US 877-565-8860 CAD 877-330-6366 http://www.translifeline.org/
"Those who matter will never judge, this is my given path to walk in life and you have no right to judge"

I used to be grounded but now I can fly.
  •  

awilliams1701

Oh and I'm putting the fingernail polish on (terribly) and planning on wearing it to work.
Ashley
  •  

mrs izzy

Also keep in mind,

Every action has a equal and opposite reaction.

Just make sure you are ready for the reaction when it happens.

Izzy
Mrs. Izzy
Trans lifeline US 877-565-8860 CAD 877-330-6366 http://www.translifeline.org/
"Those who matter will never judge, this is my given path to walk in life and you have no right to judge"

I used to be grounded but now I can fly.
  •  

awilliams1701

Yeah I get that. I'm hoping its not too bad.
Ashley
  •  

awilliams1701

So I did it. I went out in my denim skirt. I had several neighbors wave at me. I even briefly talked to a couple. I managed to maintain my calm the whole time. I don't know if they noticed or cared, but I wore that skirt as girl in the way a guy would wear shorts. Its incredible to know that I can do this.
Ashley
  •  

RockerGirl

Awesome, way to go girl!^-^
  •