Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

trucking

Started by Valery, November 17, 2006, 06:31:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valery

i am not shore if this belong in here or not but,
i think that there is a verry bigg need for TG support in the Trucking area .
there are so many Truckers that are mostly CD and a few TG but eather way
most in hideing, as well most everone thats a trucker thinks of TGs is that we are
huckers and just plan sex toys,  these views are mainly coused by TGs that are sluming on the streets in LA and is not helping the TG comuinity that live as truckers what can be done about this ,  i am thinking about a local TG group in LA  confrounting the TG comuinty in there Area about this matter and see if there is a way that we can eather inlightin others.  as i have seen in my trips  about 1 out of every 100 truckers is GLBT or just CDs  and need some hind of help.
  •  

Laurry

Talk about an unfriendly environment for a TG...most of the Truckers I have met would rather die than admit they were anything less than a "manly man", even if they were driving around in the frilliest, laciest silk nighty one could find.  While I have met many truckers, and most of them are the salt of the earth, there seems to be an unspoken rule about bashing anyone they don't consider to be "normal".

Hopefully, you have met a more understanding group than I have.  I can see where it would be a great help to have some kind of support group for (especially) the TG drivers.

Great idea Valery, and Good Luck

.....Laurie
Ya put your right foot in.  You put your right foot out.  You put your right foot in and you shake it all about.  You do the Andro-gyney and you turn yourself around.  That's what it's all about.
  •  

Ricki

Wow 1 out of 100.. That's where all the ts's are hiding no wonder there are not really many in my area!
Go figure?
I synpathize!  I think there's a big need for ts support everywhere!  But we have to start somewhere?
That's a rough life and could be unfriendly i could and can understand discretion there!
good wishes
Ricki
  •  

heatherrose

Driver,
Buy you a cup of coffee at
Jubitz, Walcotts, Triple T's or god-forbid The Fishhook.
Wherever our roads may cross.
I have been FT since Jan. 27th '06, been a trucker since the age of 16.
Nice to know there are others in my field.
It is difficult for the general public to understand
what its like to spend 90% of your life behind the wheel.
Now let 'em try and get they minds around a TS trucker
Damb Jerry Springer

Always Love,
Heather Rose
"I have always wanted to have a neighbor just like you,
I've always wanted to live in a neighborhood with you.

So let's make the most of this beautiful day,
Since we're together, we might as well say,
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?
Won't you be my neighbor?" - Fred Rogers
  •  

Valery

well i guss i would be the first but, if i counld i would start my own truckers TS group, but lol i guss location is going to be prob.? lol well i could all ways use my swift home termanal lol they would not like that , well starting one should not be that hard but finding more Trans Truckers like heatherrose is a start , only if i could that fugure out , since most are in hiding.  hay kool heatherrose i am happy for you,  hay let me know if you would like to we could start one, heatherrose?

well if anyone has any ideas for a Trucker support for TG  to start one up please let me know,  thanks. 

•  

heatherrose

Valery,
Before we go over the top with this.
I think the best way to approach this is,
print up a bunch of fringed fliers stating,
support for tg drivers or something like that.
On the fringe print the web address for susans.
(with prior approval from admin. of coarse)
Then pin them on truckstop bulletinboards
and see what kind of responce we can generate.

Always Love,
Heather Rose
"I have always wanted to have a neighbor just like you,
I've always wanted to live in a neighborhood with you.

So let's make the most of this beautiful day,
Since we're together, we might as well say,
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?
Won't you be my neighbor?" - Fred Rogers
  •  

Valery

kool, sweet, i did not think about that, thanks, will do.  this will work, even thoe most are hiding. i am shore it would work,  being we are all over the us, it should say something like 

SUPPORT FOR TG Truckers!
Looking to start a NEW group!
(TG Symbole) on a pink papper.
more info please go to
then the address on the fringes,

Sound good?  where should i ask the admin.? ;D
Posted on: November 22, 2006, 06:48:57 AM
well i sent an e-male to susans and hopefully we will hear back soon well i am going to sleep and check it tomarrow  well ttyl love Valery oh and i did not metion you directly just someone else was not shore if you wanted me too but anyway lol ttyl
  •  

Alena43

Valerie,
I am also a Swift driver and transgendered. I never thought there would be anymore truckers who are either ts/tg. I am so glad that there are and if there was a support group for ts/tg truckers i would definetely attend. I am new to this due to life circumstances and I am seeing a gender therapist. I am looking to talk to other people like me. I have always thought and believed that I was born the wrong sex, but like I said above I have just now started to try to figure out who I am. I believe that I am a female in a mans body. I have done alot reading and research and I took the Cogaiiti test which came back that I was classic transsexual and even suggested that I might try taking hormones for a short period of time to see if I felt right while taking them. I am not sure what to do I am divorced aand have a 14yr old boy that I don't what it would do to him if I came out or decided to transition. I am looking into going to a transformation salon, because I don't own any female clothing. makeup. etc. I just need to be able to talk to others like me for support. Plus it is kind of hard tto hide those items on a truck.
Alena
  •